Bed-crashing performed by a certain little girl followed shortly by her brother. They love to pile in bed with us on Sunday mornings. She comes with a baby on her hip and he comes with his 'computer'. We all learn our alphabet while singing 'The Wheels on the Bus'.
Sending Addie out the door to feed all her animals. She now has to do it before she eats breakfast or she gets in roughly just in time to head out the door to church.
Eating cold cereal as our only-on-Sunday treat for breakfast.
Combing hair.
Fixing collars.
Loading into the car.
Sitting in church. Singing. Praying. Reading from God's Word.
I love it all.
And then. We eat lunch. Provided Mommy remembered to fix it AND stick it in the oven before heading out the door for church. This past Sunday, lunch was ready when we walked in the door.
Taking naps. Just Will and I usually. Addie, of course, is too big for a nap now, and Jason doesn't sleep at night if he gets a nap in.
Heading outside to peek at all our animals.
Coming back in where it's warm and playing games while drinking hot apple cider and tea. Or in this case....building a gingerbread house while drinking hot chocolate and tea.
Addie was thrilled. Finally, one week after getting her gingerbread house kit for Christmas, Mommy got in gear and helped her build it.
Maybe that should be worded....Mommy built it and Addie did the fun parts.
Either way, she was thrilled and Mommy was only slightly grouchy cause of the cramped up hands due to squeezing the icing out of the tube.
The fun has begun.
Daddy was only slightly disgruntled at the lack of symmetry on the windows.
And it was done. She did a swell job decorating, though I am shocked that she had enough candy to finish up the house.
Sometime in the midst of all the house building fun, Jason discovered that poor Will was burning up. Our plans for making his cookies flew out the window. The little fella had fever 103.2. Not that it slowed him down a stitch.
Even with feverish eyes and a body that hurt every time we touched him, he was still able to do his excavating. Quite exuberantly, I might add. That's the best part of Will being sick. It doesn't slow him down a stitch. He was racing around the house doing his normal Will-stuff, acting like nothing was wrong.
Though he wouldn't eat, and didn't even want to eat all his ice cream. So he really didn't feel well.
Then we found out that my oldest brother and his family and my parents were at my youngest brothers house and we got a little jealous.
So we packed up our pajama clad children, tied a bandana around Will's nose and mouth so no-one would get sick from him, and headed out the door bearing gifts. At 8:00. When we should have been going to bed.
We weren't too worried. Strange as it sounds, anytime that he decides to not nap, he ends up sick. I know. Strange. Nobody else in the family ever gets what he gets. Stranger still, I know.
Also, his cousin who was already there, had just thrown up. So sickness was already in the house.
Gifts didn't amount to much. Just bowls, spoons, and ice cream. They pretended to be very pleased.
It was a fun day. Lazy. Fun-filled. Spontaneous.
Just the right kind of day to start a new week.
1 comment:
gee. thanks for inviting us! I see how we rate -- except you are much, MUCH braver than I!! I wouldn't have stepped FOOT in that house if I knew someone had just thrown up & we hadn't had it. You're crazy :)
Post a Comment