We thought, as many newlyweds do, that we would just have children when we wanted to. Life doesn't always work according to our plans. We found that out.
The little pill that I popped on a daily basis made me sick. I spent nearly every morning lying on the bean bag...our only piece of furniture in our living room. We didn't buy couches and chairs til about six months after we were married. Had to get new carpet first and took forever to get around to it! But that's neither here nor there.
Our one lone piece of 'furniture'....which wasn't even ours. It was borrowed from my parents attic.
A year later, I was having tests done out to wazoo. They were non-conclusive.
A few months later....June 8, 2005....we signed our names on the dotted lines to bring home the first of our children from Russia.
It was only supposed to take 9-12 months.
It DID take 9-12 months. Times 3. Three years and fourteen days after signing our names, we were sitting in court waiting on the final verdict from the judge.
A lot happened in that time. A lot. I forgot just how much happened until I was working on the "e-mail book" that I am putting together. A book that includes every e-mail that I sent out to family and friends during the course of the three years. I hope that someday Addie and Will treasure it as their story to our family. It's long. Nearly three hundred pages. I'm sure you're all shocked.
The paper chase had begun.

No comments:
Post a Comment