Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful

Oh yes.  I am so thankful.

For my Lord.
For my husband.
For my children.
For my home.
For my everything.

Everything we have and are is simply a gift from Him.

Everything we do and are able to do is a gift from Him.

I've been missing in action the last couple days.
The children and I jumped in the pick-up with Jason and headed for Kentucky to pick up some cattle.
We had a fun time.

I'm thankful for motels.
And free breakfast.
That I didn't have to cook.

Today we are camping out at Jason's parents and enjoying the day with his family.
It's a large family.
Five girls.
Four boys.
Eight children here, six children there, five children here, three children there, two children here, one child there.  What's that make?  25 grandchildren.

I'm thankful for family.

I'm not so thankful that I have to make all the mashed potatoes for the whole clan.
But I am thankful that we have potatoes that I can make into mashed potatoes.

Really.  I'm just plain thankful.
If only I could remember that every. single. day.

Too often, I forget.

In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 
                                                                                                                1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jody!