Special Announcment.......
Today marks the day that my brother married his wife of 15 years. Fifteen years. Whoa. That's eons ago.
Here they are back in the day:
Don't they look like pip-squeaks? They were. But now? They're all grown up and have four children. Wow.
On to the appointed topic.
One thing about home-schooling. It keeps a person at home a lot more than might possibly happen otherwise. I don't mind that, really. I could likely be classified as a home body.
I love to spend evenings at home. I love to spend whole days at home. No where to go. Nobody needing something from me other than my immediate family.
I guess this home-schooling stuff fits me to a 't' in that respect.
However, this year I am using a handy-dandy curriculum put together by Laura at Heavenly Homemakers in addition to using the kindergarten curriculum by My Father's World.
I love My Father's World as it teaches so much about God's wonderful creation.
But I also love using the curriculum that the Heavenly Homemakers lady put together. It teaches not only letters and sounds, but also sharing and caring. Though the sharing and caring end of it means that I have to get out and about a little more than I would otherwise. Meaning that I am forced to not be such a home-body.
For example, for the letter 's', Addie was supposed to think of someone or several someones whose name started with the letter 's'. She was to pray for that person/persons all week and then on the last day of that letter she had to take supper to whoever she was praying for.
Unfortunately for me...the only person she could think of was Uncle Steven...who happens to have a wife and six children. Big supper to fix!! She wanted to take them soup, salad, sandwiches, and sdessert, but we knocked that down to soup, sbread, and sdessert.
She loved it. It made her day to call Uncle Steven to tell him that we were bringing him and his family supper that night. She loved helping chop the veggies for the soup and knead the bread dough for the sbread.
I have to say that we haven't done the activity every week. Some weeks we are simply too busy with other things. But the weeks we do are a highlight.
I encourage you to check it out. The curriculum, that is. It's very well put together and could be easily adapted for any age child.
And when you have a week at school that is a highlight? Well. The teacher is rewarded with a willing scholar and a little girl who looks like this.
And seeing that grin is enough to make me like whatever it is that is putting that grin on her face. Especially if it's school related.

1 comment:
HILARIOUS!!!!!! (G&A's pic, that is!) I love-love-love it! :) By the way, you can tell Addie that MY name started with S and our family isn't quite as big and we would have gladly taken soup salad sandwichs sbread & sdessert! But since you are done with S...when do you do A, D, M, or C.....or B for Bucky or whatever our cats names are! :) Kidding!
Post a Comment