Wait. Waiting. Waited.
Wait....verb....to remain or rest in anticipation. To remain or be in readiness. To remain or stay in exlpectation of; await.
Wait....noun...the act of waiting or time spent waiting.
I love dictionaries. Just ask Jason. He thinks it's a little odd to sit and read a dictionary. But think of the wealth of knowledge in that little book.
Anyway. We are still waiting. We still don't know when we will find out if we need to re-do any documents. We still don't know when our court date will be.
We only know that we are living out the definition of 'wait'.
I can't say that that word is one of my favorite words in my three inch thick dictionary. I could find some others that would definitely top the list. Like 'phone' and 'call'. Like 'court' and 'date'. Like 'judge' and 'prosecutor'. Right now those are just a few of my favorites. Oh. And 'pray' and 'hard' would definitely top the list.
However. Not all of those favorites aren't quite engrafted into my vocabulary yet. They will be. Hopefully soon. Until then. We wait. And pray. And trust.
Wait
author unknown
Desperately, helplessly, longingly I cried:
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."
"Wait? You say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have You not heard?
By faith I have asked, and am claiming Your Word.
My future and all to which I relate
Hangs in the balance, and You tell me to wait?
I'm needing a "yes" and a go-ahead sign,
Or even a "no" to which I can resign.
And, Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!"
Then, quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting for what?"
He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want -- but you wouldn't know me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair,
You'd not know the job of resting in Me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience the fullness of love
As peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I saw (for a start)
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I gave you when you walked without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means, 'My grace is sufficient for thee'.
Yes, your dreams for your loved ones overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So be silent, My Child, and in time you will see,
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, "WAIT"!
SO. I guess that when you read this little poem, 'wait' isn't such a bad word. 'Wait' is actually a word that makes us grow. Grow in the knowledge of our Lord. Grow in His grace. Grow in patience.
Why is it that words that make us grow aren't very fun words? Why can't we grow in our Lord Jesus Christ without having trials? Why can't we learn without having to wait?
It's not all fun, but we're trusting God to work it all out for good and for His glory.
Blessings to you all~
1 comment:
Hi! I'm a first time guest here on your blog... stumbled onto to your from Flower Patch Farmgirl.
I was reading this post on Waiting and I thought I'd send you a link to one I've written on this subject. Maybe it will bless you, I don't know.
http://treasuredupandpondered.blogspot.com/2009/01/wait.html
I read that you love the dictionary, too...so do I.
My hubby rolls his eyes (in a good way) whenever I pull ours out.
Also, in scrolling through some of your posts/photos I noticed a couple of German Baptist Mennonites (?)... are you? I'm a former conservative Mennonite myself.
Anyway. I just thought I would say hello. Hope you have a great rest of the week.
~Bevy
Post a Comment