Yep. The poor birthday boy had to settle for apple pie and ice cream rather than the cake that he so desired. All he wanted for his birthday meal was cake and ice cream. He loves healthy food. But his mommy subtly convinced him that he really didn't want cake cause he'd been eating it most of the week. Finally...it became his own idea to have apple pie instead. And Mommy rejoiced.
His sweet sister got him a fireman's hat straight from Dollar Tree. He loves it! Though he uses it as his hardhat while doing construction rather than to fight fires.
Uh-huh. The excitement is mounting. It's a tool box.
And there's actually stuff inside.
And the squeal that erupted from his insides nearly sent the rest of us to the doctor to be fitted for hearing aides.
He finally got himself calmed down just long enough to pack up all his stuff, clamber down from his chair, and head out the door. After all, there was no time to waste. Daddy spent five weeks in the field and has yet to get everything fixed up that needed fixed up. Will to the rescue. He fixed the barn with a bungie cord. He hammered on the trailer with a screwdriver (no hammer in his tool box). He worked on the sheep pen. He attempted to take apart the porch swing. He tried to take the hand rail off the house. It's a good thing that he got that tool box. This place should be in tip top shape by the end of the week.
However, the tool box is currently in time out til he can round up all (or at least most of) his missing tools. Daddy doesn't take too kindly to tools disappearing out of HIS tool box cause a certain four year old helped himself when HIS disappeared. No. That didn't go over too well.
Why is it that we lose our enthusiasm for having a birthday when we get old? I've almost decided that when my birthday rolls around again, I'm going to whip me up a fancy cake and revel in the gifts. After all, it is truly a celebration of being blessed with another year of life. It's really cause for excitement. Sure, I'll be pushing 30 pretty hard on my next birthday, but why can't I be as excited about it as what my children are?! We'll see. I still have another eight months to change my mind.
2 comments:
I think it would be hard to find pictures that scream EXCITEMENT, more than these do! And, yeah, birthdays ARE exciting! I am definitely a fan of celebrating birthdays!
HILARIOUS! Love the pics! :)
Post a Comment