Could I impose a tad on your time to ask you to pray? Please?
Today is a bit stressful. It probably shouldn't be, but, still, it is. I thought I was tired a couple days ago? Now I really am.
Yesterday we found out that we for sure would not be able to fly through Seoul. The only flights that were 'available' on the days that we needed them have officially been confirmed 'not flying'. No big deal, right? We'll just book tickets through Moscow.
Bigger deal than we expected.
The best deals on the tickets have us leaving home on January 7th. Only three weeks and two days from right now.
The only problem is that our agency will not approve those dates.
Why? Because we would be getting there on January 9th which is only two days after Russia's Christmas and the agency doesn't want to ask our reps to go to the airport only two days after Christmas cause that could take away from their family time and there is simply no way that they would ask them to do that and they are really sorry and if we would just go through a different travel agent than we could likely find tickets on the days when we want them cause you can always get to Russia on the exact day that you want for a very good price on the tickets and see? I'm finding tickets right here for x amount of money so if you would book these you would show up on the day that we want you to show up so it really wouldn't be a problem and oh yes, I forgot that you have to have a flight back to Moscow four days before you actually head home in order to do the paperwork so that would explain why you are using a travel agent right? well, I don't know what to say but you'll have to pay the extra $2000 to leave one day later so you can show up on the day that we want you to show up. I don't know what else to tell you.
(I would feel pretty bad imposing on family time. Maybe we could just hire a taxi? The taxi guys about yank our luggage out of our hands every time we're there, anyway.)
Uh-huh. I know that is an extreme run-on sentence. That's kind of the way our phone conversation went.
I had no idea that buying tickets to fly to Russia would end up being such an ordeal. After all, we had six weeks to buy them. We're deciding that having only 10 days notice is actually a whole lot easier than having six weeks notice.
So, yeah. Could you please pray? It seems like such a simple thing to ask for prayers for, but right now it is what is standing between us and our son.
Maybe we should just buy snowmobiles, load onto them yet today, and head toward Alaska. From there we could zip across the strait and follow the coast all the way down to Vlad. (My Dad's brilliant idea!!)
Sure, it might be chilly, and it might take quite some time, but it sounds easier than trying to round up decently priced airline tickets.
1 comment:
praying...
Post a Comment