Each afternoon from 1:00 to 3:00 we would spend with our little boy.
They were at two different baby homes with at least an hour of driving between them. That was one long hour. Anyone who has ever been to Russia knows exactly what I am talking about. Much of our drive was through downtown Vlad, traffic was absolutely terrible (what was supposed to be three lanes of traffic was made into at least five...sometimes more), accidents were narrowly avoided, brakes were nailed multiple times, and nausea fought with feeling well. My method of defense was to sleep.....meaning I missed out on much of the scenery.
But sleep meant that I was with it enough to enjoy our children-to-be.
Addie never did really smile for us the whole time that we were there...which was all of four days. She showed hardly any emotion at all. In fact the one smile that we coaxed out of her on day three was more of a grimace than a smile. She really didn't know what to make of the strange people who came to see her, claiming that they were her mama and papa.
Day four came way too quickly. Our hearts stayed in Russia when we flew out on day five. The last thing we wanted to do was leave our children there while we came home.
Four months later, we touched down in Russia, prepping for a court date.
1 comment:
I love reading your story. The kids will appreciate you taking time to document it!
Post a Comment