Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dates

Oh my.  We're going to be gone a loooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time.  Four weeks, three days to be exact.

Wow.

We may as well move over there.

Typically, a second trip to Russia is roughly 21 days.  Ours will be longer simply because our court date falls on a Monday.  If court had been on a Friday as it was with Addie and Will we would have been able to leave one week later.

We have to have a seven (I think) doctor medical exam done on the Wednesday before court....they are only open for medicals in that city on Tuesday or Wednesday.  The typical flight to Vlad leaves here on Saturday afternoon and will get to Vlad Monday afternoon their time.

It would likely be good to have an extra day in there "just-in-case" of bad weather.  Which translates to cancelled flights.

Tickets are not purchased yet.  Two different travel agencies are working the numbers for us.  And we're praying that the results don't mean that we have to take out a loan.

Visas applications are not sent off yet.  But they're ready to stick in the mail tomorrow morning.

Dates as they stand right now are leaving January 8th and coming home February 8th. 

Whoa. 

I think I'll miss home by the end of the month.  I think my children will get a little weary of the few toys that will be tucked in the suitcases til the end of the month.

Does this even make any sense?  My head is spinning.

But that might be cause the last couple days have been spent doing book work from the past six months.

I would not advise putting book work off that long.

I think that confession will officially label me as a procrastinator.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

It is going to be the BEST trip/vacation of your lives! Okay, possibly not but I remember it being fun and it did feel like I was on vacation. I didn't pay bills for a month, someone came and made our bed daily and vaccuumed my room. January 8th is Chloe's birthday (turning 4) so that is a special day, right? I pray you can get a good/decent price for tickets being you are paying for 4 tickets there and possibly 5 back.I know that is a painful ticket to buy. No matter what enjoy the moment because I wish everyday that we were going back again! Best wishes and safe traveling.....

Jennifer