Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Leaf day

Way back in the fall, long before there was a hint of snow in the sky, we took a couple hours to play in rake leaves.

Actually.  Jason and I raked the leaves and the children completely missed the memo that they were supposed to help rake rather than lounge in them.


They lounged for a while, and then the mean ole mom and dad cracked the whip and got them to work.  Not that they minded.



It actually ended up that we asked them to quit working and go play.  They just seemed to be creating more work than actually reducing the work.  You know how it goes.

They attempt to put a shovel full of leaves into the tractor bucket and the whole shovel-full dumps out onto the ground right where the leaf pile is not.

Really, I think they had that all planned.  They didn't seem overly heart-broken when we shooed them onto another area in our yard.


Judging from the peals of laughter erupting from neighboring leaf piles, I think they were perfectly content to not have to help dispose of them. 



At the end of it all, they had the nerve to suggest that Mommy plays ball with them.  Cause, you know, Mommy "needs some exercise".  (Maybe I should stop using that excuse when I shove them out the door to go play?!  "Go outside.  You could use a little exercise.")

So.  Mommy caved.  Cause she knows it's true that she needs a little exercise occasionally. 



It made their day.  And don't tell them, but they got more exercise than Mommy did.  We played kickball, and they wanted Mommy to kick the ball for them.  :)

No comments: