Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Still in Moscow

You know.  When you have 30 hours to spend in a motel room, you kind of run our of things to do!!  I came down to the lobby to do a minor update and left the children getting dressed after their time spent splashing in the hot tub for the second time in the last 24 hours.  They love it.  I think they think they are swimming.

Dad is napping.  Jason is napping.  Mom is searching for her elusive slipper.

Last night was not too restful.  I woke up about 2:00 to the sound of whispers and giggles.  Apparently the children missed the memo that we were in bed for the night and not just for naps.  They were thoroughly enjoying themselves.  After separating them, Will fell right back to snoring, but Addie?  Well, she was still awake about 3:30 when I finally drifted off again.

Dad and Mom were awake about that same time...but it didn't affect their early rising.  They were up about 9:00.

We, on the other hand, got rudely awakened at 12:00 when they ceased being quiet.  I couldn't believe the rudeness.  Obviously, if someone (or a family of four) is still sleeping at noon, sleep was needed.  I still can't believe the nerve that took.

By one o'clock we were in the restaurant ordering our breakfast. It was pretty good.  Omelets, cold cereal, and blini topped with warm strawberry sauce.

After breakfast we braved the chilly weather and took a nice long walk.  Currently, the weather here is about -2* C.  Not bad, but still a little biting.  Some of the folks we met actually changed their expressions and greeted us with a nod and a 'drasvitcha'. 

Inside the weather is stifling.  You know you're in Russia when you open a window so you can sleep at night....and the outside temp is well below freezing.  And we still got hot.

Now it's 4:00.  In only two short hours we will be zipping back to the airport to catch our flight out to Vlad.  And we thought our 30 hour layover would be hard to fill.  Guess we didn't factor in the 15 hours that we spent in bed. 

1 comment:

amber miller said...

what the world is bikini?? Er. I mean. Blini??