Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Monday, January 24, 2011

Another Monday Gone

I can't believe it. Here we are with 17 days under our belts....and 16 days to go. We're over half done!!!!!

That's a long time. A really long time. Guess I won't dwell on it.

Tonight I have nothing of any excitement to report. Nothing.

I tried to get a guest to write a post, but she claimed that she would lose all the readers for me. Dad volunteered, but I think he was kidding. Maybe not. Guess I should find out.

This morning we got up at 7:00. Mmm. Hmmm. 7:00. It's our new tradition. We were all getting bed sores from lying in bed for so long.

Poor JN didn't sleep too well. He tossed. He turned. He cried. He arched his back. He rocked. He sat up. He laid down.

Therefore, Mommy didn't get much sleep last night either. We're praying for a better night for all tonight.

At 9:00 we dialed in to an evening church service at home. Heard a wonderful message about being ready for the end times. Persecution. Trials that are preparing us for the persecution to come. Super message. It felt so good to 'go' to church again. We almost felt like we were sitting right there in the pews with them.

Church over we ate breakfast. At nearly 11:00.

Then Dad & Mom headed off on their adventures for the day while the rest of us vegged in our room. Sounds like they had a fun day. They went exploring. Back to the Second River station where they just went in doors and explored all they could explore. They even found a fabric store!! Guess where I want to head?! They ended up at the grocery and baby store on the main road, about a twenty-twenty five minute walk from the train station "if you're hoofing it". In other words, had we been along, it would have taken much longer. We blame our slowness on our poor, innocent children.

While they were out and about, we read books, watched the maid clean our room, went and attempted to perfect our pool skills (Jason's doing great. We won't talk about me.), came back to our room and napped. For two hours.

Dad and Mom put off coming home just long enough so that Mom got out of cooking. But I guess she felt a little guilty. She jumped in to help me finish up the chicken pot pie. Which was delicious, if I must say so myself!! It was actually kind of fun to cook again, but don't tell Mom I said that. She'll just head out on more adventures.

That was our day. The children are now in bed, but only the youngest is actually sleeping. The other two must have missed the memo.

Since our day was so drab, I took some pictures of our little home to share with you. I know. That really spices things up.

The first is of our kitchen and dining room.


The second is of the family of five bedroom with the bathroom back in the corner. Yes, there are walls around it so you can't actually see it. Though if the lights were on in it, you could see the light all the way around the walls and ceiling. It's really soundly built. The bed making job is amazing, I know. Unfortunately, that is one thing that Mom hasn't started doing for me. And. If you ever need a clothes rack and have a crib? Take off one side. It works great.


The third is of the living room.


And the fourth is of the family of two bedroom. Which happens to adjoin the dining room. In fact, it's about five feet away from the table.


We like close quarters. Yes we do.

While I was browsing through today's pictures I found some that I had forgotten I took. Jason, JN, and I took a little walk. While we were out, Dad, Mom, Addie, and Will had a tea party. It looked to be a grand time, but we had to miss out. First, we needed some fresh air. Second, there weren't enough cups for us to join in even if we had wanted to.






So that's our day. So exciting. So breath-taking. So....normal, here lately.

I think we had enough spice last week to last us for quite some time.

By the way. Several folks have asked how big JN is. He's much bigger than I thought, evidently. The twelve month clothes that I brought fit perfectly....if you really like high waters and 3/4 sleeves. The eighteen month clothes actually fit much better. It's too bad that I only brought two 18 month outfits. Shoes? Well, the size four that I stuck in are about 1/2 inch too short. The boots that his baby home gave us are size 23. Quite a large difference between 4 and 23. He has huge feet. We hope that someday he has a strong desire to be a clown. His feet would work great in those red shoes. Really, though. He does have large feet. I would guess that he'll be in size five at least. The way he's eating though, he may be in size six til we get home.

4 comments:

Heather said...

You are past the 1/2 way point. That seems like a good reason to celebrate! :o)

City On A Hill said...

Praying for you! Hope you get to be back on U.S. soil soon. love.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Please oh please let the candy arrive soon! I would so hate for you to have to leave before it arrives.
Sounds like you are coping rather well - even w/out it though!!

Fabric store?!!! wish I could go!! take some pictures of it if you get back there - please??

Anonymous said...

Your posts provide a good chuckle for me daily. You have an amazing way of making the mundane sound like a great adventure.
We keep you in our prayers, and are so thankful for your new son. May the Lord bless you abundantly! Sometime we will "meet" you in person, Lord willing. We are your "old" brothers age and Hufford cousins.
Blessings on your day!
Mark & Monica Hufford and family