Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Nearly Time

The time has come.  We're down to our last couple days at home.  Make that the last day at home, I guess.

Tomorrow this time, we'll be dragging ourselves out of our nice, cozy beds getting ready to head off to the airport. 

We'll finish throwing last minute things into the suitcases, weighing and re-weighing them.

We'll look around our house memorizing all the comforts of home and finally lock the door and head to the airport.

We're all on the mend with our health.  Addie is completely over the sickness that we've passed around.  Jason still is exhausted (even with going to bed by 8:30 every night) and is battling a cold.  My throat still has issues, but is doing much better.  The cough is nearly gone (kind of), and the headache is directly related to the noise level of the children.  :)

This week has flown by.  Monday morning the bags finally got packed most of the way.  The children started bouncing off the walls cause the bags being packed means that the day to head to Russia is nearly upon us.

Tuesday morning I flew around the house cleaning up the messes that were here and there.  Jason came home mid-morning and we all tromped to the pasture to sort sheep.  By lunch the sheep were sorted and we were back in the house. 

Tuesday night we dropped the children off at Grandpa & Grandma's.....and went out for the evening.  Just Jason & I.  All by ourselves.  It was so quiet.  We didn't even know for sure what to talk about...so Jason broke the ice by asking, "Whatcha doing, Mommy?", in that whiny tone that only children can truly master.  Our first stop was TSC.  You know.  Can't head into town without stopping at a farm store.  Then on to eat supper during which we both nearly fell asleep.  Driving home was a real treat with both of us totally exhausted.  The children were so glad to see us.  Will especially. He came dancing and squealing to meet us and launched himself into my arms like he hadn't seen us for months.  Obviously, they aren't used to being left at a babysitters.....

Wednesday morning Jason went out to discover that the sheep we had sorted on Tuesday had reconvened with the others once again.  SO......he needed my help to sort them out again.  The only problem was that the children were sleeping in.  I finally woke them up at 9:00 and off we headed to the pasture.  Once again we got into the house about noon....just in time to eat lunch and head back outside to put the rams into their respective pens.  Grandma came and brought me a new dress (Thank you Grandma!!!), washed my dishes, and read books to the children while I paid bills for the next few weeks.

And now.  Here we are.  Today I hope to finish packing (that would be a priority, I guess), go to Bible study, and pick up last minute things in town.  Bedtime will hopefully come early.....and we'll get up in time to head off to the airport.

Thank you all in advance for your prayers.  About right now is when my stomach gets tied up in knots and I start to get slightly nervous about heading halfway around the world.  My knees start knocking and my throat gets all plugged up....which isn't too unusual for the past week.  In other words, I don't look forward to the flying.  It's not something that I can say that I REALLY enjoy.  It's a means to an end....but that's about it.  Don't tell Jason.  He really doesn't like to fly AT ALL, and he thinks that I really do enjoy it.

Anyway.  Thanks for the prayers.  Thank you for remembering our little family.  There are so many families doing the same thing and we feel honored that you take the time to stop in to follow our journey. 

The next time you 'hear' from us.....we should be in Moscow.  Seriously.  That even looks a little odd to me.

5 comments:

alee said...

We are thinking & praying for you J&J..
& will be over the next month!Trusting HIM & knowing that HE will make all things possible...
Blessings...

Heather said...

The means to an end.... How exciting that this day is finally upon you!

laura said...

The time has finally arrived! We send you with blessings and lots of prayers! You will never be far from our thoughts...and we here at home will anxiously await your updates from Russia! God bless you, go with God!

amber miller said...

was thinking of you so much. Esp. this evening. I bet you'll sleep soooo well tonight. Er......we'll be praying our hearts out :) Can't WAIT to meet him. Maybe we'll make a paper chain!

Brenda said...

God Bess You Go With God!