Today was a good day. Court is behind us. Our three children all in the same location. Everyone is happy.
For now.
Last night none of us got much sleep. JN is a rocker...meaning he rocks himself to sleep, something that really isn't desirable. By morning he was in bed beside me so I could keep him from rocking. Didn't take much...just a hand on him and he quieted and drifted back off. Several times he got mad and went all stiff cause I wouldn't let him rock, but he got over it quickly.
Jason still isn't feeling the greatest, so his sleeping didn't go so well.
Addie didn't get to sleep til nearly midnight cause she was so exited about JN being home finally.
Will tossed and turned as normal, keeping me awake when I could have been sleeping.
Nothing like sharing a bedroom with six other people!! Really, it's working quite well. We can't hear Dad and Mom cause we leave the fan on the heater on all night....I don't know if they hear the ruckus from our side or not.
This morning poor JN was smothered from the moment he awoke. They cornered him. When he could finally find a route out, he fled...seeking out his mommy to rescue him.
All morning they led him around like a puppy, shoving toys in his hands, croaking when he immediately stuck them in his mouth, laughing at everything he did.
They love him, our children do. Everything about him. Even changing his diaper is great fun. For them.
By afternoon, the newness had begun to wear off and they were back to playing like normal. Addie played Mommy with her baby, and Will just pestered. They get along so well.
JN loves to be held. Every 5-10 minutes (when he's not riding in the pouch) he comes seeking out some lovin'. In pop both thumbs for about 30 seconds, and then he's off to find something else to get into. Never had a child this young before.
It's so odd. Here we are with three children. No blood relation to each other and no blood relation to us. Yet, I can't imagine how we could love any biological child more than we love our children. It doesn't matter that they have none of our genetics. God has given them to us to care for and to teach them about Him. They are our children.
Today was a REALLY lazy day. We ate breakfast at 10:00....Dad and Jason still in their pj's. We napped. We read books. Mom ventured out to do a load of laundry. Dad & I each took a turn or two going to get water. Jason, Addie, & Will never left the confines of our little house.
Maybe tomorrow we'll find some energy somewhere.
But I'm not counting on it.
Slowly but surely, Jason is going stir crazy. For 15 days, he has done nothing. Well, nothing physical anyway. Mentally, he's been wiped out a couple days, but nothing else. Tonight he figured up that we still have 12 days left here in this little room. Twelve days with nothing to do. Twelve days to sit and read....which he really doesn't enjoy.
Then five or so more days to spend in Moscow before we head home.
It'll be a long nearly five week trip.
I wish so badly that I could show you all some pictures of sweet little JN's face. But I can't. Not until Feb. 1, when the final court order goes into effect.
Until then, I can show you pictures of his back, or his hands, or even his feet. Just proof that he really is here with us.
This picture is of our trip back to Vlad. He spent quite some time peering out the window, seeing what all is out in the big ole world.
So. That's our Saturday. Nothing too special.
And yet. It was very special. It was our first full day as a family of five.
I think I'm gonna like it.
3 comments:
That is such a sweet pic! (PH has those bibs) :) We're still reading!
fabulous and God is great! Wonderful way that he makes us wait till the timing is perfect.
Sounds Wonderful! And I agree I don't think it matters HOW God gives us children. They are ours from Him and we love them - no matter how they were 'lent' to us!!
Prayers that all goes well and those M&M's get there SOON! We had a couple bags of them here after we mailed yours. If the rate at which they disappeared around here is any indication I'd say it's a good thing TWO people sent you some! And they aren't even a favorite of anyone around here!! But hey, chocolate is chocolate!!!
Post a Comment