SO. Here it is. The giveaway that I've been saying I would do....and three weeks later am finally getting around to.
The children are napping.
I just ate a 3 Musketeers that I found in the cupboard when I was cleaning them. It was good.
Spent the morning unpacking suitcases and re-arranging clothes so JN has a spot for the few clothes that he has to wear. Will's hand-me-downs will work it appears...I just need to find the time to go through them.
Time is a precious commodity right now.
I have been/am so thankful for the friends/family who are bringing us food. Seriously. I am one who likes to do it all on my own. Had they asked me if they could bring food for the past couple weeks, I likely would have said 'No, thank you. I can cook.' However, they thankfully didn't ask me. They just stocked our freezer and we've been eating on it for two weeks now. What a blessing! While living at Susan's it was lovely to not have to drag all the stuff from home just so I could cook. Now that we're home, it's been lovely to go to the freezer to pull something out rather than having to slave away in the kitchen. I don't mind cooking...but the mess of a house is kind of overwhelming. It's nice to not have to unpack boxes and cook both!!! Yes. I've been spoiled.
Reality will hit hard, I fear.
Anyway.
The giveaway that I said was coming? Here it is. I told you all that it was a product from a website that supports adoption 100%.....
I was going to be really clever and give you the link to view the exact bag on their site....but it appears that they are no longer selling this exact bag. Oops.
Instead, you'll have to take my word for it. It's a large bag. I could easily fit my laptop into it. Or I could use it to pack full of diapers, wipes, baby food, and bottles. But I'm trying to not need those diapers anymore, so it'd be silly to keep it for myself.
Not only that. I'd love to give it to someone else.
And everytime you use it you will be alerting others to the fact that there are millions of orphans in this ole world. Millions.
Following are some statistics that I copied and pasted off the
website. It's sad. It's really sad. We have only brought three of the millions into our home...and just as quickly as they became our children, there were other orphans there to take their place. If I could, I'd bring home a dozen. I don't think that'll probably ever happen, unless God speaks really loudly. And clearly. And He tells Jason the same thing. One thing about adoption is that husband and wife must be in complete agreement before ever beginning the process. I don't think it would work too well if one or the other was dragging their feet.
Anyway. That was a rabbit trail if I ever saw one. Here's what I was talking about.
STATISTICS … DON’T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE NUMBER, BUT IN THE CHILDREN !!!!
Did you know there are hundreds of millions of children worldwide who have lost one or both parents.
Every 14 seconds an AIDS death leaves another child orphaned.
Approximately 88 million orphans live in Asia.
Approximately 45 million orphans live in Africa.
Approximately 14 million orphans live in Latin America & the Caribbean.
Approximately 1 million children live in public care in Central and Eastern Europe
More than 800,000 children pass through America’s foster care system each year.
These statistics do not even include the UNKNOWN children living orphaned both here and abroad that go uncounted, unnoticed and unloved.
James 1:27 “Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for the orphans and widows in their troubles and refuse to let the world corrupt us.”
Isn't it sad?
What makes it really sad to me is that so many of these 'orphans' really aren't orphans at all. Many (at least in Russia) have one or both parents alive and well. The parents just can't care for their children. Or in the really sad cases, the parents just don't want their own children. Sometimes, if the parent won't sign off rights for their child, that child is stuck. No visitors. No hugs. No kisses. No concept of family at all. When the child turns 16 (or in some cases 18) he/she will be kicked out of the orphanage and left to fend for him/herself. I can't even think of the end result without tears.
So. We're having a giveaway. Maybe it's something that you would never be interested in. That's okay. At least I got you to read some statistics!! If you aren't interested, but you know someone who may be...send them over. Get the word out, because in doing that, you will be informing others of the sad reality of orphans.
The giveaway will stay open until Wednesday, March 2, 2011. One entry per person. Any old comment or e-mail (for those who don't want to comment or don't know how...jjgarber03@yahoo.com) will do. I'll draw a name next Thursday...if there is anyone who wants it, anyway!!
Blessings to you all~
25 comments:
Those statistics are staggering! And to think that the process is so hard, frustrating, and expensive. It upsets me every time I think about it.
The bag is very cool. But even cooler is your new picture are the top of your blog. I think it is new? I don't remember seeing it before today. They are so adorable!
What a blessing children are! (though I sometimes forget!) Those statistics make me ache... I'm so glad you are settling in and JN seems to be doing well :)
Oh, and you hit two of my 'soft spots'....bag AND orphans!
Wow...so hard to imagine so many million children having to have their lives so upside down. We are so thankful for those of you who have chosen to give these children so much hope in their life.
The pic of the kiddos is so cute. We are so anxious to see them all 3 together! Have a great day:)
I read your posts while you were in Russia and just love how family and God centered your family is! Your kids are just adorable and you can see they are very loved! Thanks for sharing your adoption experience (we also adopted twice from Russia), the statistics, and for the giveaway!
Sinziana
Love the FAMILY PICTURE! All those precious eyes that are alight with the knowledge they are precious in your site!
SO enjoyed following all of you on your trip to Russia! So thankful for the arms of the Family of GOD to lift our burdens when we are overwhelmed!
I so enjoy the website where the bag is! The bag is very practical looking and should be enjoyable to use for our granddaughter!
Heavenly Blessings!
Arlene
I've so enjoyed reading about your journey these past few months. Sarah and I pray almost daily that Little Jack will get used to his new parents. maybe we need to switch to praying that Will will get used to JN =) I shared the statistics with David - truly amazing and horribly sad. Hard to wrap your mind around a number that big!
I'm sure the winner of your bag will use it with pride and share the story when asked. Blessings to you all - this is a time of your life that you will never ever forget!
Thanks for sharing the statistics. God bless you for making it three less! I've enjoyed reading each post as they come through & we are looking forward to meeting Jack. We didn't get to see him Sunday night. So glad you are settled back in!
~Jody
It has been very neat to be able to see your pictures and read your story while you were in Russia! Can't wait to meet Jack! ~Belle
It's so sad. I also think it is sad that the whole process is so long and expensive. But praise the LORD for those He has called and given the strength to be His hands and feet in this area!!
Oh Jody....THANK YOU so much for taking a bit of your precious time to share with us all the staggering sad truth of all the dear children out there just WAITING for a family to come and call them their own, giving them the love and care their little hearts are crying for and MOST of all tell them about JESUS....oh what if we all just took ONE??? I will try and stop now, I feel my heartbeat picking up:\ If I am allowed to just share a word here about the time of the journey and money? Our family feels after experiencing it ourselves and watching countless other families....that God's heart is for the orphan and so if youas a family feel called to this area of ministry He WILL indeed provide you with the grace to endure the time and energy involved with the process and then the same with the $, God is so gracious to supply and we just beg people if money alone is holding you back please if you are willing to seek Him for this need and them make it known....so many are willing to help to make it possible!! Sorry if I said too much, this is just so dear to my heart! Much love and our continued prayers with you all Jody, so glad to hear it is going well and that you are moved back in! Bless your hearts!! We appreciate your testimony to His faithfulness!!
I can't read those statistics without crying....it is sad that some precious children are just that-statistics. May the Lord bless you for what you are doing! You certainly have 3 beautiful children.
Blessings-Autumn Root
Those statistics are staggering & think that the Lord knows & loves each one deeply ...that is even more staggering!{I know what thinking about them does to my heart...it is unfathomable to think of how HE feels}"for such is the kingdom of God"!
we too have been enjoying all of your posts - thank you for taking us all along on your journey!
Blessings..
Jody~Its been fun to read all about your adventures! I saw you across the way at church several Sundays ago but you were surrounded :) It really would be fun to meet you in person! I sure LOVE the bag! :) What a fun giveaway! May God continue to bless your family! Much Love Kristy Filbrun
Thank you for highlighting orphan crisis. Some days the number is overwhelming, but I am grateful to know that little Jack Nickolay is ONE LESS. So glad to be able to share in your journey. God is good!
What a blessing you are to 3 special children. ~Stephanie
I think it's a great gift to have our hearts broken over this situation, because it's only then that we actually desire to do anything about it. Your family has been faithful to God in caring for these precious little ones. Let's keep on keeping on! :) And whoever wins that bag needs to carry it everywhere!
-Terri
Love-Love-Love this bag! This is the organization that sells the magazine necklace that I bought last Spring. They're doing good things. Thanks for sharing, Jody!
Hi Jody!
So glad you found our blog. It was so encouraging to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to write. It really is a blessing to watch other couple's adoption journeys turn out so well. Especially when we're on the waiting end, it spurs me on to keep pressing on.
You have 3 beautiful children!
Blessings to you~
Ashley
p.s. love the bag too-- you can throw me in the drawing ;)
Jody-
You being willing to share your adoption journey with all of us has been a great blessing to me. Thank you!! Praying that this week you might be able to start your new "normal" :) Can't wait to meet JN. Blessings on your day.
Renita
Thank you for the diary of Russia while you were on your trip. Made me feel like I was along with - just alot cheaper for me ! The stastics are very interesting. Wish all the childre could be adopted into a nice, Christian family. Thank you for the family picture that arrived in my mailbox last week
Gloria B.
I have been blessed by your adoption story. You make me laugh too.... :o) That's always good, right?
Sorry about all the flooding...and I am glad you can have ALL the M&M's you want now...
God bless you guys....
LOVE the bag. :)
Really like the new springy look on your blog! Blessings to you all -- we love you and support you and your family. God has blessed you richly! Brenda H.
I so want to thank you for all the sharing of your story in your blog. I have greatly enjoyed following ya'll on your trip to Russia and have shared your experience with our children. They don't really know who you are but have been praying nightly for little Jack Nickolay (have to say his middle name) and for his family that they could all adjust to each other. Such a great testimony you have to pass on to the younger generation. Our children for some reason have really taken an interest in orphan children so your situation has hit them close to their heart. Keep sharing on your blog and praising the ONE who has certainly made this all possible. Praise God!! I hope our children will be able to meet little Jack (and Will and Addie) our next trip to OH. We pray that you will continue to feel HIS guiding presence in the difficult adjustments you might still face. We love you! Sharon Sink from VA
One less! Thank you Jesus! Love following your blog, you are a very gifted writer and it's nice to know another chocoholic out there! ;)
Blessings....
Yikes! If this is ending at midnight I barely squeaked in! Thanks for continuing to update....makes me feel a 'little' like I know what's going on in your life. Since I never see you, that is. You've been home nearly a month an I still haven't seen you or met Jack...a fact we must remedy soon. And yes....the statistics. Staggering. Overwhelming. Can become paralyzing....but always good to be reminded of what is really important.
Post a Comment