Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Friday, March 25, 2011

Storm the Gates

I don't know if any of you click on the blog links that are on the right hand side or not. I don't know if you enjoy them as I do. I don't know how it would be on your side of the fence.

For me? I devour many of them. They are my new novels, if that makes sense. The reason being that many of them are all about adoption.

And that is one thing that can hold my attention for a while. Adoption.

Been there, done that, got way more than a t-shirt.

Yesterday at 2:32 PM, I read a post on one of them....No Greater Joy Mom. It nearly made me cry. I'm not generally a big crier, but this post hit home.

The gist of the post is this. A family flew overseas...I don't know for sure what country, though I would guess Ukraine or Russia... to meet their newest son. What excitment! What joy!

They loved him and petitioned the court on his behalf.

Court date was set. The overjoyed parents flew back overseas to attend court...which lasted five hours. The judge denied their petition declaring that their little boy would be better off in an institution.

Why?

Because the little guy has Down Syndrome.

The family is currently back home again trying to gather the necessary documents to appeal the decision. It's not looking favorable.

But our God is a big God. He is able. Perhaps it's not in His plans to allow this little guy to come home, but we can pray.

Why does this hit home? We had a failed court date...at least it appeared failed to us. As it turned out, it wasn't failed at all, it was God's way of letting us know that He is in control.

But this family has truly experienced a failed court date.

The joy that they anticipated upon arriving back on US soil was absent as they were forced to leave part of their hearts overseas.

The little boy that they hoped to add to their family tree is still sitting in an orphanage.

The tears that are surely flowing down their cheeks are real.

There is nothing to do but pray. And pray. I don't know all the details of course, but this case has the potential of affecting a whole lot of other cases.

Satan is at work. There's just something about adoption that he just isn't fond of. Perhaps it's the fact that he lost yet another child. Perhaps it's the fact that adoption is so near and dear to our Lord's heart...after all, we are all adopted into the family of God if we so choose. Perhaps it's just as my children are fond of saying, "Satan is just a stinker".

I don't know all the reasons that he works so hard to keep family-less children family-less, but I know it's real. I don't know if it's possible to head down the adoption road without Satan butting his head in somewhere along the path.

For that matter, I don't think it's possible to be a Christian without that happening.

Let's storm the gates, folks! Not just for this case but for all the 'chooldren in ofanages' as my children pray for daily.

They know. They have lived it.

1 comment:

marti k said...

Just yesterday i went this same site from your blog. How sad for some family who wants to adopt a down's syndrome boy would be turned down.Satan surely is working overtime, we too will pray for this dear family. We also covet your prayers as we leave for Oregon this coming friday!