Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Monday, March 28, 2011

Life

Overwhelmed.

Tired.

Busy.

Grouchy.

I think those four words would describe me to a 't' about right now. Sometimes life just seems a tad bit...um....I don't know. Maybe it's just me. The days when I don't feel like I can even put one foot in front of the other without stubbing my toe. The days when I hate to venture behind that closed door cause I know what awaits me on the other side. The days when the children are all crabby...perhaps because Mommy is.

Don't they say "Mom sets the mood of the whole house"? Who are THEY anyway? And how did they manage to get inside my house?

Anyway. It seems that since coming home from Russia I simply am not getting on top of the mess around here. Really. I'd like to blame it on the fact that we had a flooded house and we basically had to move back in when we came back home. I'd like to say that it's because there just simply aren't enough hours in the day.

But seriously. Take a look at this mess. It's really getting to me today. Overwhelming is the correct word, I believe.

Meet my kitchen after lunch. Yes, it will be cleaned up...but wait til you see the rest of the house.


The living room, with my faithful towel folder and the cheerleader in the foreground.

The bedroom. Groan. Friday night my dad and brother came over and helped us rearrange some furniture. The dresser which was in the bathroom downstairs got moved up to Will's room. This meant that all the contents were dumped on the floor in our bedroom.

The contents from the dresser in Will's room came downstairs to be put in our bedroom. This meant that all the contents from that dresser were dumped out on Will's bedroom floor.

And there they all remain. I've got to get that stuff put away.

The office/toy/sewing/school room is a disaster with normal everyday stuff. Including the little girl whining at the desk.

That leaves just two rooms in the whole house that don't need any of my attention currently. The dining room...though I was just informed that the china hutch needs to be empty by 4:30 this afternoon cause my brother is coming to pick it up to be re-finished (the flood didn't do it any favors). That means the dining room will be a mess soon as well!!! Granted, the stuff in the china hutch isn't china..it's all still packed up. The stuff in the china hutch is stuff that shouldn't really be there anyway, it was placed there in an effort to clean up the house a little. Oops.

And Addie's bedroom. Ahhhh. I think I will move in up there and just vegitate for the rest of the day.

But then again, maybe I won't. I don't think the rest of this place will get cleaned up if I try that move. And. It's way too close to the upstairs bathroom that is housing the china and the garage sale items for the garage sale we're having next week.

Maybe, just maybe, by posting this wreck for the world to see I'll get it done faster out of sheer embarrassment. Maybe, just maybe, I'll find some energy that I currently don't have and will at least get the whole downstairs back to a normal state of put-away-ness. Maybe, just maybe, by bedtime tonight (which I hope is about 7:00) :) I'll be back to feeling like myself....the self who can glance around and go to bed happy because the dwelling is totally cleaned up!!

And when all else fails...when the children are grumpy, when their mommy (that'd be me) is grumpy, when the day seems dreary even when the sun is shining, when the clutter is driving me insane, when my poor husband comes home to a grumpy wife once again....I need to go take a peek at the mirror above my sink. Posted there are a few things that will bring me out of a funk....as long as I stay right there and don't go peeking behind doors again for a while!!!

In the meantime, I'm ever so thankful for the kind heart of the family who blessed us with a chicken/hash brown casserole. I don't know who it's from, but it's our supper tonight.

Maybe, with only having to fix two meals today (which equals less time spent in the kitchen) I can make a big dent on the rest of the house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand. Period. Brenda

Anonymous said...

Jody-
We are moms. Life happens. When there is a mess it usually means little people dwell there. Aren't we blessed? Love you! Renita

City On A Hill said...

Totally understand. My house has been a wreck for about 2 months. Ahh, the life of a mother. Everybody always tells me that someday I'll miss it....I try to think of that. It usually doesn't help though. :)

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful Mother. Homes that are always perfect are homes in which children are not allowed to be children. You are also very brave to post what most of us HIDE!
Danyal

McMaster & Storm said...

ha---i had 2 meltdowns this week.....one included a little redhead pouring out a very large canister of powder in EVERY room downstairs. Then older brother got a mop out and the wet made it worse. All this in 20 min---- as I had put vivi down to nap upstairs and didn't want boys to wake her up as I was finishing some much needed "upstairs work".
xo
kara