Perhaps I've discovered the reason that it seems like I get nothing accomplished around here. Perhaps it has a little something to do with the youngest little who now resides here.
Perhaps.
One Sunday night we went to a friends house for supper, which I hope they didn't regret. Dear little JN discovered the joy of playing in plants while we were there. The mess he made there was nothing compared to the messes he's made here in the week since.
Check it out. Oh, and the books? That mess was courtesy of JN as well.
Did you know that it is great fun, and I mean GREAT FUN, to throw dirt across the living room? Seriously. GREAT FUN.
And then he got very, very sad cause he found out that throwing dirt across the living room really isn't a very good way to occupy one's time.
The second day he did this, he came to me in the kitchen, held his hands up, and said, "Uh-Oh". Uh-oh indeed.
The third day he did this, I failed to find any humor in it at all. It hasn't happened since then...fingers crossed.
And then he discovered that the toilet is great fun to splash in. Unfortunately the time he chose to discover that fun activity....Will had forgotten to flush. Bad deal. No pictures. Big mess.
Then came the fun of rooting around in the dresser contents. Not just rooting around, but toting any and all portable items into the rest of the house.
While I was trying to clean up the first dirt-throwing mess, he found a stack of papers that were great fun to spread all over the dining room.
While I was cleaning those up, he tried to reach something through the bottom of the baker's rack and got his hand stuck. Tears were abundant.
And today he tried to force his liking of pork.
See this pig?
He tried to swallow it. I had to reach my fingers to the far back of his mouth, grab hold of the legs that I could barely see, and pull it back out again. Great were the tears thereof. And scared was the mommy.
Perhaps, just perhaps, this new little guy in our lives could be why it seems that nothing gets accomplished around here.
He's such a sweetie. Here's the proof.
But trust me when I tell you that we all breathe a deep sigh of relief when he finally is doing this.
A whole hour to rest. Or to clean up all his messes. Whichever seems the most logical at the time.
Could this be why nothing gets done around here?!
5 comments:
Sounds to me like you need to teach this little one what discipline is all about before he destroys your home.
He is aweful cute but hey you gotta get him under control and fast. If not I can only imagine what age 2 and 3 will be like.
I know this sounds mean but I also adopted a little one from Ukraine and we had to put our foot down in a hurry to let him know that he cannot destroy our home or others homes for that matter. Trust me they learn fast what they can get away with. If you give them an inch they take not one mile put 2-3 miles. LOL!!
I think they come out of the orphanage with this attitude of "I AM FREE" which I think is wonderful but that freedom does not mean you can get away with destroying things either.
Trust me we laughed at first and thought it was cute until we went to Tar*get and I turned my head to look at something and then next thing I know he has grabbed a box of wipes that you clean house with that just pop out of the top of can, and he had them everywhere!! Needless to say that was not to fun to deal with. He smelled really clean if you like your baby smelling like cleaner.
Then we went to a restaurant to eat and he decided not only to throw everything on the floor off his plate but he reached over grabbed my glass and spilt it, then while I was talking he grabbed my plate and on the floor it went.
So you can tell we did go through the "OH it is okay stage for about a week!"
Now he knows this behavior will NOT be tolerated and that Mommy and Daddy are the BOSS not him!
Cyndi
oh, my....you have your hands full....guess it just takes awhile to get used to everything-boundaries included! Will say a prayer for you and your little, busy body!! =) He looks like a dear for sure!!
Autumn
Hallelujah that he is doing such normal little boy stuff! Yes, this is definitely why nothing seems to get done or stay done at your house. It will pass very quickly I can assure you!
And amen to the discipline advice - it sounds to me like you are right on top of that too if he's already getting the idea that he can't dig in the plants!
How can you resist that last picture?! :) Most days I nap with Deacon and before I fall asleep I spend time just looking at him. It helps me to relax from a busy and trying morning and love him more and more. Ahhh, the peace of a sleeping child. There is nothing like it. :)
grinning and I am sure u will soon have it all under control. Lord Bless your day!
Post a Comment