Finally. Our life is back to what I could almost term as normal.
Whatever that is.
But really. It's back.
The children aren't so sure that's a good thing, I must admit. I do believe that they thoroughly enjoyed their seven weeks off from doing chores. Sure, they did some things while we were overseas, but their schedule mainly consisted of playing.
Now? The chore charts are back.
The charts aren't officially being used yet as they aren't hung on the wall, but Mommy found them in a box and that got her brain to turning. Chores were re-instated as of three mornings ago.
After much moaning and groaning, the chores were accomplished.
Before I get all kinds of comments about what a mean mom I am, let me clarify. I don't have them doing all the laundry, they just take it to the washer for me.
I don't make them fold every single piece of laundry, they just do most of it. :) Don't ask Addie, though. She has been heard to say that Mommy makes her do all the work. Don't let her fool you. As long as her baby can sit right beside her so she has someone to talk to, she enjoys her job.
They don't have to do all the dishes single-handedly, they are just responsible for the lunch dishes...and I do breakfast and supper. Only human dishwashers at this house.
They still have plenty of time to play....though I still haven't dug out their toys from the boxes since we moved back home one week ago.
Thankfully the weather has been nice. They spend much of their time outside....walking the puppy, brushing the pony, holding the kitty's. The life of a farm-kid.
Sometimes I feel badly about having them do chores like that. However, the days that I let them take off, they seem to have a hard time getting along. Why is that? I truly believe that when my children have a whole day to just play, they don't feel that they have as big a part in keeping our family running smoothly. I tell them often that I don't know how everything would get done if they weren't here to help. You should see the grins. A needed child is a happy child.
Anyway. So much has been happening in the past week that I'm going to have to do several posts to catch up a little. Snow, warm weather, more snow, flood, stick removal from the yard, boxes unpacked (though still not done). It's been a busy week.
To add to our new normal, Jason is no longer heading off to work every day. He is now solely a farmer, and I'll have to admit that it's taking some getting used to having him popping in and out of our house during the day. Right now he is down at his parent's working on farm equipment....getting it ready for planting....but he's home much, much more than he has been. We love it!! The children love to head outside with him, tagging along and asking tons of questions. I love to see them head out as he finally understands why I have headaches at the end of the day!!! Okay, so it's not quite that bad, but they do talk non-stop.
How's JN doing? Absolutely great!!! He's still a definite mama-boy, but is starting to take to Jason more and more. He's still learning how to not wet himself rather than sitting on the potty chair...but part of that could be that his Mommy is rather inconsistent with sitting him down. Oops. Haven't had a messy diaper for nearly a week now, though. Did you need to know that? His potty chair sitting certainly doesn't stop him from delving into all kinds of stuff. He's learned how to scoot that thing all over the house.
He's still the happiest little guy around. Smiles at the drop of a hat. Doncha love his hat hair?
He still LOVES his bathtime, even though bathtime takes place in the kitchen sink rather than in a bathtub. The only tub in our house is in the upstairs bathroom....and the water is no longer hooked up to that particular room.
He's met all our animals and is proving to be an animal freak just like his sister. Have to watch closely when the door opens as he watches for an opening constantly.
I should go. The children are all napping, which I have found is definitely my time to accomplish whatever I care to accomplish for the day. There's clothes flapping in the breeze that need to be brought in and folded. The dirty lunch dishes are still residing on the table. Supper is needing to be fixed. Boxes are still sitting around full of stuff...and it's starting to drive me crazy.
I. Must. Get. Busy.
3 comments:
JN sure is a cutie. What a blessed little guy he is to have a family like yours.
Jack is such a cutie! And that sink he's in? that thing is cool. Seriously. If you ever replace it DON'T throw it away! There are people out there who would pay dearly for it!
starting my little ones on chores was one of the best parenting moves I made, temporally and spiritually. You all will reap the benefits from now on..........
Post a Comment