Yesterday, before I could even get around to sending an e-mail, our agency e-mailed me to let me know that they still have heard nothing. They don't know if the paperwork is submitted to court. They don't even know if the paperwork is out of translation yet.
This part of the wait is the absolute hardest. Before you have a referral, you just simply wonder when you're going to get one. Though this time around we didn't even have time to wonder, as the news came the day after we found out we were registered in Russia.
Once you have a referral, you eagerly anticipate heading overseas to finally meet your newest child face to face. That trip is usually not too long after getting the news of a referral.....so not long enough to really get worked up.
After the first trip is over, you get to see this every day.
And this.
And I just want to pick him up and squeeze him. And let him dangle upside down...he loved that....it's what got us our first giggles. And I even want to hear Will screeching at him to get out of his toys. (Remind me that I said that...though I may laugh at you cause that's just insane.)
And I remember. And start thinking....right now, no news is NOT good news. The little guy is over there growing up. Learning to walk. Developing even more of an attitude. Getting that back arch even more perfected. Learning to talk.
And we're here. Waiting. Wondering. Wishing. Praying.
Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14
No comments:
Post a Comment