It was fun.
And loud. Wow, was it loud. I have three brothers, all married. My two older brothers have four children each, my younger brother has no children...but one dog. Her name is Lucy. And then, of course, we had two children there. The third one was pretty quiet. He just hung very obediently on the fridge waiting on us to come get him......
Yeah. It was loud. My ears would still be ringing if I would allow them to, I think.
The party was at Dad & Mom's. It's been a while since we have all been there, so it was nice to see where they live again.
We showed up fashionably late as we tend to do everywhere we go. Really, though, there was no set time that I was aware of. We just simply couldn't get ourselves motivated enough to get around any earlier.
Supper was delicious. Everyone (except me) brought some type of appetizer to munch on, and it was all followed up with cake, ice cream, and popcorn. Yum. I might just have to go eat me a piece of cake right now. Really, birthday cake with hot chocolate is delicious for breakfast. I know. It's what I fed my family Sunday morning for breakfast. We're real health freaks.
Funny video clips were watched.
Babies were fed. She was so sad about that.
Cakes were posed with. I think the ones in the second pic were sad that their mom didn't make them a decent looking cake. And....if the one on the right looks like he has a swollen nose/lip? It's cause he does. He has staph infection. It looks really bad. You might want to pray that the antiobiotics that he's on kills it and he can get back to looking normal again. The one on the left tried to match the one on the right, and instead ended up resembling a nerd. Now this is a caption.....
And even the littlest among us got in on the clean-up. We don't allow slackers.
Gifts consisted of a huge four or five drawer file cabinet, a thing to mount in a car to let you know where you're going (I'm so smart. I can't remember what those 'things' are called), a backpack, bb's, and target holder, and a back-hoe. I'll let you decide who got what. Just know that Will was not the recipient of the file cabinet, the thing for the car (we aren't letting him get his license yet), the backpack, the bb's (I fear what all would be targeted), or the target holder. That leaves just one thing. If you can't figure it out, I'm sorry.
And, oh yeah, that 'thing' for a car is called a GPS. See? I'm not quite as simple as you thought. It just takes a little for my brain to catch up with my fingers sometimes. I'm sure you hadn't figured that out yet.
2 comments:
What fun birthday parties! I'm still not use to looking at a blog for your family. I'm so use to receiving e-mail updates that I just realized that I was behind on reading your blog.
What an incredible cake you made! Wish you could send some our way!!
1 thing. RESEMBLES a nerd?? HA! Like Greg isn't a nerd! ;) Also - I want that pic of clay licking the knife! Safe! :)
Post a Comment