Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Monday, October 18, 2010

I.Love.Fall.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.  Really.  It is. 

                    The crackling leaves.



     Finally getting Daddy home again when field work is done.

                                                                
                         Beautiful sunsets.


                           And sunrises.



Laundry crisping up on the line.  And rusty garage roofs.  So fallish looking.


Cooler temperatures.
Furnace running.
Arguing over who gets what register.
Flowerbeds to clean up.
Freezers to de-frost.
Windows to wash.
Oh wait.  I said that I love fall.  Those last several I don't necessarily love, though I am thankful that we have freezers, flowerbeds, and windows.  And arguing, too, I suppose.  If there wasn't arguing that would likely mean that there were no children here. 

Yep.  It's my favorite time of the year.  Summer is way too busy for my liking.  Plus. It's hot.  Winter is so cold.  Though I do love the snow as it means that my trusty little car has to stay parked in the garage...and therefore I stay parked in the house.  Not real convenient when there are groceries to be bought...  Spring means that the busy-ness of summer is on the way, but I do love when all the flowers and what-not start poking through the ground.  It reminds me of New Life.

I guess, really, I kinda like them all.  In their own ways.  When it's hot, you can always cool off (if you get around to putting the air conditioner in).  When it's cold, you can warm up.  When it's chilly, well, it's perfect!!  God really knew what He was doing. 

Just as there are seasons in the weather, so are there seasons in our lives.  Some are summer.  Everything is hot, pressing in and causing chaos.  Some are fall.  Life drifts along with beautiful colors and crisp air to breathe.  All feels right in the world. Some are winter.  Cold.  Long.  And some are spring.  A breath of fresh air.  New growth. 

Right now, I'd have to say that I have a mix of seasons in my life.  A little fall (Daddy's done in the field, causing the whole household to be a tad more relaxed and happy), a little winter (days/weeks are stretching on and on as we wait to go back to squeeze lil JN), a little spring (refreshing messages on Sundays to start the week off with a little growth).  What a blessing to belong to God, who can draw us up out of winter and into spring!!

No comments: