Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Monday, May 9, 2011

Thinking of Mothers

Specifically the birth mother's of our children.

All three of them.

Three children, four mothers.

Holidays kind of hit hard for me. Our children's birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. Every single holiday I think that I wouldn't be where I am today with three children surrounding me day in and day out if it weren't for birth mothers.

I can't help but wonder if Mama Anna, Mama Tatyana, and Mama Larisa think of their children on those days. What mama wouldn't?

Our children have been so blessed. Each of them had a mother who loved them enough to carry them to full term rather than terminating the pregnancy. Each of our children had mother's who loved them enough to give them a chance at a better life than they felt they could offer a child.

We have been blessed. Each of our children has been chosen by God to be placed in our home. And, truly? It's not our children who are 'lucky', it is us. We are so blessed to have them in our lives.

If I could give Anna, Tatyana, and Larisa hugs right now, I would. Most definitely. Those three ladies gave our children life.

And, of course, God. Without HIM and His love for adoption, none of our children would be here with us today. Satan did his best to prevent all three of our children from coming to our home...but GOD WON!!!

To any birth moms out there who may read this....Thank You. The family who is now raising your child feels blessed beyond measure, I am sure. I am confident that birthdays and holidays may feel a little empty for you, but trust that your child is being well loved and cared for. Know that you are prayed for on a daily basis. You are loved from afar.

Our children love to hear all that we know about their Russia Mommies. I always thought that maybe it would be hard for me to listen to them discuss their Russian Moms (cause, after all, I am their mommy), but really? I love it!! Their Russian moms are such a huge part of their lives, even though we don't know them. Their Russian moms (and God) are the reason that our children are here today.

There's my Mother's day musings. Jumbled and rambling.

But the thoughts of my heart on the most lovely Mother's Day that I have ever had.

1 comment:

marti k said...

Miss Jody, u touch my heart everytime u write! i look at the pictures of your chillins in the orphanage and look at pictures of them now and I almost don't recognize them. God has went above and beyond for us and he is still putting on a show and taking care of our needs. There is just a connection that real Mommy's and Daddy's have with each other. I don't know what u call yourself but,we use the term real!Life is real and our BIGGOD is real too.