1. A wife. To the most wonderful man around, I must add. Seriously. Though I hope that any of you ladies who are married will argue with me on that one. Maybe I should say....to the most wonderful man for me.
2. A mommy. Most days being this person is grand. Some days I wonder what in the world God gave us children for. I have got to be the most impatient mom in the world. And sad but true, I often tend to forget that my children are just that...children.
3. A chef. It seems that my days are spent in the kitchen. Cooking three meals a day for a family of five takes time. Not as much time as it would if it were a family of 15 though, so I can't complain. But really. Til I come up with a menu, cook, and clean up for 21 meals every single week, I nearly live in the kitchen. Good think I like the color of the walls.
4. A cleaning lady. These days that title isn't quite mine, though. I have two wonderful little folks who run around here cleaning the house every day. About all I have to do is touch things up and do a final sweep job on Saturday. I have it made.
5. A choregirl. Never did I think that I would get to do chores daily, but in this season, I do. Thankfully, I don't mind it. For nearly an hour several days this week the children and I headed out the door to feed sheep, fill up water tanks, move cows and sheep to the next days pasture. I enjoy it. Odd, I know.
6. A gardener. Monday my dear husband helped me mulch most of my flowerbeds with cow manure that has been aging behind our barn. Rather disgusting...but free mulch! Can't beat that! We then went down the road to a lovely greenhouse where we proceeded to spend too much money on flowers. I planted most of them yet that night....and went back the next day to buy some more. :) Most of them are now in their proper spots in the flowerbed. The garden? Jason tilled much of it Wednesday morning before he headed to the field (Praise the Lord!!!! They finally were able to get in the field this week for the first time this spring. In a normal year they are nearly done with the planting by now. Not so this year.) and the children and I planted cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and potatoes. That was added to our lettuce, radishes, peas, carrots, and onions. Still need to plant zucchini, summer squash, melons, green beans, lima beans, corn, and cucumbers. Though gardening is far from my favorite pasttime, I am slooowwwwllllyyyy learning to halfway enjoy it.
7. A very tired lady. This week wore me out. More on that some other time.
8. A blogger. You thought I forgot about this thing? Oh no. I didn't. I simply haven't had the time to sit at the computer all week until tonight....at 9:45. Quite frankly, I am amazed that 100+ folks out there checked this thing yesterday. Who knows, maybe the same 10 people simply checked it 17 times.
Right now? I am too weary to even consider uploading my pictures from the week...and I have to admit that there aren't many pictures to even upload. My camera is feeling neglected.
And so is my bed. I must be off.
3 comments:
I don't comment often, but just want you to know that you're amazing! Don't know how you do it all.. and know I don't know how I'll fit in a job and I only have ONE little one.
"good thing I like the color of my walls" :) I agree -- after 5.5 yrs, I still LOOOVE the color of my kitchen walls and I'm afraid if I didn't I'd have to go on a cooking strike a whole lotta days :) They're the one thing that make being in the kitchen bearable.
hee hee. I check this blog every. single. day!!!
I love to keep up on those darling kiddos, and your words inspire me!
Post a Comment