Last night we had a rockin' house. Almost literally, I think.
We had seven children 12 and under for just a couple hours. That was always my dream. The at least six children thing. I'm starting to reconsider. :)
Not really. I still think that six children would be great...even more if that is what God wants for our family. Only God knows if that will ever happen.
Anyway. We had seven children. I suspect that our neighbors could see the sides of our house bulging with all the activity. If not, they could at least detect a difference in the noise level.
Four of my nieces and nephews were here from 6-9. Was it ever a mad house.
Of course, the first thing the girls did was head directly for the dress up box. First they came down dressed as brides. With babies. Heading for church.
Then it was a clown and a princess with a short dress.
Then it was a farmer and a race car mechanic.
The boys joined in too, for a while, with the army outfits being the top pick for them.
And....one of them put on a couple dresses, but wasn't overly excited about having a picture taken. I snapped a couple anyway. He'd have been disappointed had I not.
But for the most part, the boys just farmed.
Of course, the evening had to include a tea party. As Krista said, "But Aunt Jody, we ALWAYS have a tea party when we come to your house." How could I say no?
The tea party was not actually a tea party though. We served hot chocolate with marshmellows (or maybe that should read marshmellows with some hot chocolate) and fig newtons (that desperately needed to be eaten, but don't tell them that).
The littlest was thoroughly spoiled by the oldest as at the slightest whimper Darin would rush to his rescue.
The evening was finished off with games. Darin, Justin, Jason & I played Settlers while the little four squabbled their way through Hi-Ho Cheerios, Candy Land, and Chutes and Ladders. They finally were asked to go sit on the couch to read books.
Peaceful.
It was a fun evening. Darin and Justin were already planning that next Sunday they are going to bring their mom and dad back to play Settlers. Will and Brandon were plotting how they could get together to play again soon. Krista and Addie were too busy giggling and screeching to get much planning done.
We can't wait til they come back again!! And maybe next time the other four cousins should join the fun.... :) (That was for you, Amber.)
And this post was for you, Krista!!!
2 comments:
Can we come too?? :) ha ha
~Brenda H.
I am so far behind on blog reading (and writing). You are a great blogger! I just thought I would pop in real quick and say hi. Lots of adjustments at the Overstreet house and Justin is busy planting. So much to be grateful for!
Post a Comment