I'll have to admit that while I'm thankful that I have two little boys, I'm not so thankful that they both had to have the surgery this week.
It's not been the most pleasant of weeks at our house.
Will has fared pretty well. He's still a tad uncomfortable, of course, but the pain is gone and he's not used any meds since Wednesday night.
Except for last night when I gave him some tylenol w/codeine in it so we could get his bandage off with minimum screaming. It worked too. He didn't screech until we had it off and he looked down to see what we had done.
He freaked out at that point.
Jack is still in quite a bit of pain. Poor fella got the works....and not just on the surface. He was cut open as well and got his innards moved around a tad. He's still on tylenol w/ codeine at night and on regular tylenol all day.
As long as he's busy, he doesn't complain about the hurting so much.
The worst part of it all?! The lovely stent they put in Jack.
He WAS potty trained. Until next Thursday he just dribbles all day long. He's back in diapers, which thrills him to no end.
This morning he patted his chest and said "baby". Uh, no. So I tried to put him back in his big boy underwear...only to have him soak through his clothes in about an hours time. Not once, but twice.
The diaper is back. He's happy, I'm crying. :)
Next week this time I fear we'll both be crying as we will likely get to re-train.
But overall? They're doing pretty good. Moods are fairly grumpy out of them, but we expected that.
Both appear to be healing up nicely...and we've had the opportunity many times in the past week to exalt God's name as we try to explain the healing process.
On another note....could you all pray for my little great-neice? She's about two months old and is in the hospital with a case of RSV. Yesterday her little lung collapsed and they had to do surgery to get the air out of her chest cavity. By last night she was stable but still not considered healthy. Her lung was filling back up.
I haven't heard anything this morning yet.
Her name is Sophia Marie.
Thanks all for the prayers!!
3 comments:
hey! I'll send Clay up next week and you could train him at the same time! May as well kill 2 birds with one stone right????!
And, yes, we're praying for little Sophia :(::::
Glad they are healing well. Thinking of you as you deal with all this AND the exhaustion of being pregnant. Take care of yourself too!!!
And yes, we are praying for Sophia.
Poor guy! Even some adults have to retrain after having similar issues :( Prayers for your little great neice and your family.
Post a Comment