Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby Sophia

She's finally improving!!! As of last night, anyway. I have yet to hear an update from today.

Yesterday they weaned her off of (or started to wean her off) the paralyzing agent they had her on. In order for her lungs to heal up, they had to be working a little more on their own.

By last evening she had peeked her eyes open and wiggled her toes!! I can't even imagine having my two month old baby lying there motionless for five days. Okay. I can't imagine having a child of any age lying there motionless for five days. Or any number of days.

Doctors say that the hole in her lung is beginning to heal up. I would guess that the little lady has a little way to go before she's considered 'well' though. Just pure speculation, that was.

Tomorrow we have a follow up appointment at Children's to FINALLY get Jack's catheter removed...and I hope to go see my little great neice in person! And then start the potty training process all over again... :)

I'll try to update you on her progress after that....

Blessings....and thank you so much for praying!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Soo glad she is getting better!

Danita said...

Thanks again for the update - been wondering how she was doing and thankful for the positive progress. Hope your week goes well with re-training!