Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Steppin' Out Of My Box

Here goes.

One little toe at a time, I'm stepping out of my comfortable little box and joining a group of adoptive families to try to make a difference in the lives of children still living in baby homes and orphanages in Vladivostok, Russia.

The group is called Orphans at Play and they are working on a brand spankin' new website. I can hardly wait til it's up and running.

Actually, I can hardly wait til the whole thing is up and running. Not just the website. Everything.

Sabrina, the new mommy to a little fella from Vlad, and the author of a blog has been logging in some hours trying to get this off the ground.

The part that has me inching out of my box? I volunteered to oversee the Desitin Program. One particular baby home, which just happens to be the one that Will lived in for the first 21 months of his life, has requested a shipment of Desitin (or some off brand diaper rash ointment) every month. Not tons...just 10-20 tubes.

Once the tubes of ointment are received, I have to find a family who is travelling to Vlad and get the stuff to them to be packed in their suitcases.

This month though? We have some short notice. We are needing to get the ointment to a family who is leaving Sunday...as in this Sunday....Father's Day. This month, all who care to donate some cream need to get it shipped to Ashley by Friday.

If you are interested in helping us out on this, let me know. You can e-mail me at jjgarber03@yahoo.com.

There's tons more details on the whole Orphans At Play thing. Sabrina is getting it registered as a non-profit organization right now.

One of these days when we have some more details hammered out, I'll do a nice long post about it!!!

I'm sure you can't wait.

I'm excited. The next best thing to actually returning and bringing home more children from Vlad is to be actively caring for the orphans who are still there.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

what an awesome ministry!! Would love to help in any way we can...thanks for letting us know!