Life here on the farm hasn't gotten any slower. In fact, it's busier than it's ever been.
We just keep making more work for ourselves.
Jason is finally in the field. Only six weeks or so later than they normally are planting, but I'm ever so thankful that they are able to get the seeds in the ground at all.
Last night Jack got to go on his first ever tractor ride. He loved it. The smiles never stopped...until he was informed that he wasn't allowed to drive.
This past weekend our sheep started lambing. Currently we're up to fourteen lambs with about 38 or so ewes yet to lamb. Six sets of twins and two singles so far. They're the cutest little things that you ever did see.
Last night there was a set of twins born....but the one was too weak to even stand up. The children and I brought the little fella to the house and now we are doing this....every 3-4 hours. Kinda like having a new baby.
Addie is thrilled.
About a month ago we received a box in the mail that was a highlight in our household. It contained 26 little chicks.
They are now growing rapidly and are nowhere near the cute stage anymore.
The kittens that we formed a search party for about a month ago are now big enough to bounce around the yard. Here before too long we should have four little kittens to be given away. Always sad for our children, but kittens become cats and we've enough cats around here.
Addie loves to be a 'shepherd' for her kittens...protecting them from the threat of the puppies who are mere inches away. Her words..."Hey Mom. I'm a shepherd just like that one man was in the Bible. No big aminal is going to get my kitties."
Yesterday before Jason headed for the field, he was kind enough to till our garden plot for me. The children and I spent much of the afternoon planting little seeds. I never knew what good helpers children could be even at 4 & 6 years old. Jack was napping, or I'm sure I'd have learned about the helpfulness of a 21 month old as well.
So there you have it. We've been busy. No time to do anything but care for the multiple species of animals on our little farm. Oh, and weed the flowerbeds, do the laundry, cook......
2 comments:
i love reading your updates and I still can't get over what a beautiful family you have :) Enjoy the sunshine!
Little white lambie with the yellow tag looking SO cute - ADORABLE!! I love spring animals! Puppies, kitties, chicks, lambs......! MT
Post a Comment