I know it's been a very long time since I've updated this thing. I know.
You all probably think we've fallen off the face of the earth. You all being the two or three who possibly still check in on us.
We haven't. We're still here. Still pluggin' away.
And here in the past couple days, keeping a close eye on the Russian orphan crisis.
That trumps our family update that hasn't been written any day.
I'm sure you all know the news.
Putin is signing a new law into affect that states that Americans can no longer adopt from Russia.
All over a political disagreement, thousands of children will languish in orphanages. Thousands of children will be turned out in the streets at the ripe old age of 16. Thousands of children will never know the love of a family. Thousands of children will never feel anything other than abandonment and rejection.
It breaks my heart.
The sad reality is not just that the orphans will remain just that for the rest of their lives, but also that the orphanages will be more full than ever, thus resulting in even less care per child. For children who already feel as if they are of no value, that will be devastating.
I can't help but remember the little faces that we glimpsed during our times in our children's baby homes.
I can't help but remember walking into the room where Addie lived for two years and hearing 'Papa, Papa' being said from several little mouths.
I can't help but picturing little arms being lifted in hopes of being picked up. Which we couldn't do.
I'm sick for the children. I'm sick for the waiting families who don't know if their children will ever walk through their front doors. I'm sick for the many Russians who will be out of their jobs...and have little hope of finding another (those like Oksana who lived to help the children).
I'm just sick about the whole thing.
Please pray with me for the thousands that this potential new law will affect.
4 comments:
Jody we ARE praying about this whole situation. I just breaks my heart and I haven't been to one of those baby homes....just picturing those children sets my eyes to leaking.
And just an encouragement: it is so awesome to see the difference in your children's eyes....and to see your passion for adopting children from hard places DESPITE the hard and painful journey! Praising God for your three who DO know and live in a loving family!
This just breaks my heart as well. There are still so many kids there and so many more will flood in and so few will be bale to get out. Just breaks my heart
We have been reading about this, too. Heartbreaking!
Jody -
First of all, more than three check in for updates:) so keep them coming. We all care for your family!
My heart aches for these dear children - trusting God's plan is so much greater than we can imagine.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment