Two weeks have passed? Seriously? That, my friends, is called a serious neglect of the blog.
A lot has happened in that timeframe.
1. I saw a blue tailed skink on our back porch. I tried to catch him, but he was far too speedy. Thankfully, I managed to snap a picture before he darted into the great outdoors so my family would know that I wasn't hallucinating.
2. Jack is finally about re-potty-trained. Aaarrggghhh. I don't particularly enjoy that job the first time around, but the second time around is even worse. The first couple days he actually had the nerve to go to where the diapers were kept, point to them, point to his chest, and say 'baby'. Not true, son.
3. Baby Sophia is home from the hospital. I think she came home last Tuesday, but I could be mistaken. It was a long, stressful road for her parents.
4. My dad and youngest brother arrived one afternoon (two weeks ago today, I believe) to knock out a wall for us. They made a HUGE mess. Our walls are still the olden days plaster and lathe, so you can imagine the dust and dirt that made a really nice coat over all items that were accessible. Tuesday they returned to finish their destruction, and we now have a large open room....living and dining combined. I love it, but everything that was removed from the room that no longer exists is now upstairs awaiting my attention.
5. Jack struggles to hang up his coat after removing it. I've tried and tried to tell him that it works best to hang it up by the hood...but he nearly always ends up in tears before he remembers to ask for help. I couldn't help but snap this pic....
6. Addie had a birthday. Our little lady is now seven. Whoa. It seems like she should be about four. She was delighted with the birthday, and didn't allow us to forget it for even three minute spans in the few days before it actually arrived. She delights in gifts. She loves having all the special attention. She is so not like her mother. :) She has officially declared herself big enough to obey at all times, to sleep all night, to do her jobs without whining. But, alas, she is still a human. :)
Her birthday celebrations started on the Sunday prior to her big day. My family got together to celebrate the March and April b-days...
Amber, Halli, Dad, Addie, Clay, and Collin.
Ais made the cake. Addie had requested a cake with chickens on it (I know. Out of all the little girl options, she wanted chickens.) and Aunt Ais kindly obliged. Not only did it have chickens on it, but it was the prettiest cake on the inside that I think I had ever seen. The girls loved it!
She got her own 'Hello Kitty' alarm clock and hymn book from Grandpas....and that lovely alarm clock is loud enough to wake the entire household. And...Aunt Ais made her a cross-stitched wall hanging that is absolutely adorable.
The morning of her birthday, Will presented her with a gift that he picked out all by himself. The largest tube of lip gloss that I had ever seen, a bath mit, a pack of 'hello kitty' kleenex, and a tube of lotion. She was beyond delighted.
But the best part of her birthday? The surprise little party that she had waiting on her when she got home from school. And it was little. The bummer for our children is that they got a mom who REALLY doesn't enjoy parties. Especially hosting them. I'll go to one anyday, but if it's up to me to plan it, I can guarantee that it will be nothing spectacular. Three little girls showed up....all bearing gifts.
They got a little snack of jello and cupcakes and chocolate candy. Addie opened her gifts. (a cutesy little broom and dustpan, a pillow pet, a pair of glittery pink shoes...and later that night a tablet and pens dropped off by a friend who wasn't able to make it to the party).
They sat and did crafty things for a while. They disappeared upstairs and came down after much giggling in dress up clothes. They traipsed to the barn to see the chicks...and then it was time to deliver them all to their respective homes again.
Meanwhile, the boys got banished to the great outdoors...a fact that didn't have them too pleased until there was sweet food delivered. Then they bucked up and enjoyed the outside romping.
That night we had our own little party. Nothing special. She chose her meal...salad, bread, and mac-n-cheese...she opened her gifts (a new bedspread and a new purse), and we all fell into bed, exhausted.
I believe she considered the day a smashing success. I considered the day a day that I was thankful was in the past. Talk about a spoil sport.
7. Easter was yesterday. We had a rather full day. To the park for sunrise services at 7:00, to church, home for lunch, and off to a visitation for Ais's grandma....where we stood in line with three sleepy children for 2 1/2 hours. Home again to a housefull of company!! Ryan's and my parents came to our house after they left the visitation with four extra children in tow. It was a hullabaloo, to say the least. A fun hullabaloo, but a hullabaloo, none the less. I like that word. Hullabaloo.
The children were starving, aparently, as they (and us adults) devoured four pounds of hotdogs, four pounds of carrots, one head of cauliflower, and two bags of apples. The oldest child would have been eleven, I think. The youngest, two. There were eleven of them altogether.
The last ones left about 8:45 and our children were plopped into bed shortly thereafter.
The intent was that our children would sleep in til about 8:00 this morning.
8. All three children were up and at it by 7:15 this morning. So long peaceful morning.
9. Baby is doing well in it's little cocoon. It is kicking up a storm and we lay in bed at night and marvel at seeing my tummy moving all by itself. It's still a little hard for me to grasp the fact that God has blessed us with a baby. And I still am not quite sure what to do with a baby once it is in my arms. Give me a two year old...that's where my 'baby' knowledge comes in. I keep being reassurred that it'll come naturally, but honestly? I'm struggling to believe that. :) We have yet to have an ultrasound done to make sure that he/she is growing correctly, but judging by the poochy tummy? I'd say it's a healthy and growing baby.
10. Jason is getting ready to head to the field. Which makes for some busy days....so don't expect many posts in the near future. ;) Not that that is unusual these days.
How's all that for overload?
5 comments:
Looks to me like she had a very nice birthday! and that purse made out of laminated fabric? i'm pretty sure I made that one! I sold it at the event last fall. Did you buy it? i can't remember but I recognized the purse:)
Great update! The bedspread is ADORABLE! ..and I love the purse! Happy Birthday Addie! MTodd
You made it Jill! When I purchased it last fall, I thought it would be for me, but Addie fell in love with it so it got stuck back for now! She LOVES it!!! Thanks for your contribution!!
O wow Myra~ she was really rocking out in that army suit~ :)
Hi Jody!
Where did you get the bedspread for Addie, we are Russian, and would absolutely love a bedspread like that!! It's beautiful.
Post a Comment