It's 12:34AM. I should be in bed.
Instead, I'm trying to stay awake while waiting on Jason to get home from the field....and word is that it's gonna be a while yet....so I may have to give in.
In fact? It'd be wise if I have any desire to be a cheerful mother tomorrow.
Or, I could always call mom and drop them off for the day as I did today. But today I had a reason. For real. I had an appointment that was not child friendly, and as a result I had nearly six hours all to myself. Something that hasn't happened for 3 years, four months, and five days.
It was lovely. I missed them, of course, but I have to admit that listening to the silence while driving down the road was so...peaceful. Our typical car rides are anything but peaceful. Picture a four door car with two adults in the front and three children six and under in the back. Picture a pesky two year old in the middle. Picture the four (nearly five) year old on the right and the six year old on the left. Picture what would happen if the four (nearly five) year old decided that he wanted the book that the six year old had.
Got that? That's our typical car rides.
Today? Not a stitch of noise. I basked in it, but was very thankful to have them all back in their proper seats. Back to normal. The brief getaway was nice, but it showed me that the noise is better.
But that's not what I logged in to say. I don't even know what took me there.
Life has been busy. Will turns five on Saturday...but we have plans that entire day. Plus, with Jason in the field we can't really plan on having his little party until it rains...so we cheated a little and had his birthday party this past Sunday. Which confused him greatly. If we were having his party, then surely he must be five now?!
Addie begged to wrap the gift. I obliged and sacrificed nearly a whole roll of tape as she wanted to insure that he could not peek.
Will was delighted to have yet another backhoe cake. Hoping that til next year he's on to something other than backhoes, trackhoes, and dump trucks. :)
He was, of course, ecstatic!! As the pictures show...
Jack was thrilled to have a new box to play in.
Changing the subject:
Last night Jason called me from the field and told me to get outside. Seemed odd, but I listened and I was so glad that I did.
Northern Lights. Aurora Borealis, if I remember correctly. If not, chalk it up to late night rambling...as this whole post seems to be. :)
Six years of having a 'decent' camera and still I haven't taken the time to learn how to take good after-dark pictures.
If that doesn't show the Greatness of God, please show me something that does. It's nothing but God's Hand that could make big clouds of red and green to fill up the night sky.
Changing the subject again:
Before I forget, thank you all so much for the advice on the sleeping issues at our house. We have implemented a few of them.... Fans running in bedrooms all night long, very dim nightlight to ward off the elephants lurking in the hallway, as much fish oil as a child can take....
No king sized bed as it wouldn't allow us to open the door to our bedroom...but thanks, Brenda, for the suggestion.
Pause. Speaking of sleep issues, I have a child awake and crying. :) Perhaps he'll drift back off without seeing me this time.
Back again. All is well.
And again:
We can fund one grandma for three months or three grandmas for one month or two grandmas for 1.7 months. Whatever way you want to look at it.
And now. It's 1:10AM. I must head to bed.
Someone has to get up in a mere six hours to get a little girl ready for school. Someone has to fix breakfast and take that little girl down the road. Someone has to have a smile on her face when that alarm rings in six hours.
It is time. I'm sorry to subject you to the rambles.
1 comment:
Since you were awake at that time, I should have just sent Moriah over to keep you company. Supposedly there was a mouse in her bed around that time. And it came beck at 5:30 too. But I guess a mouse is better than an elephant! :)
siw
Post a Comment