Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Monday, April 18, 2011

Nothing to Say

Seriously. My words are all gone. The past week has been a whirlwind, but still, I have nothing to say.

Last week made me tired. I tend to be a homebody, and I was gone from home four out of seven days. Not my idea of fun.

Wednesday morning I met my sister, Ais, at Grandma's to set up for our garage sale. By noon I was home again.

Thursday and Friday were spent tending to customers. We had tons of junk for sale. Tons. Greg & Ais moved in December and we 'moved' while we were in Russia. Packing and unpacking boxes yields lots of stuff that needs to be disposed of.

The garage sale went well. I think the grand total of sales would be a little over $700 if I figured correctly. That was spread out over six participants with some netting $20 and some netting $300. Good sale, don't ya think?

The children (and their grandma :) ) really enjoyed the garage sale. Addie got to hold a baby.....

Grandma taught them the joys of riding a wagon down a hill....

And the boys took over....time after time after time. No accidents.

Saturday I was up and out of the house with two of the children by 6:45. It was supposed to be by 6:30, but I was late. Bible study was well under way til I showed up, but it was great to be there!!!

Saturday afternoon the children and I cleaned up the house. It's amazing how much stuff can be littered around even when you aren't home for several days. By Saturday night the place was picked up and we were all good and ready for Sunday, the day of rest.

Sunday we went to Bethel for church, came home and ate lunch (which Dad & Mom attended as well), took naps, and went with Jason to tend our latest addition to our little farm.

This latest addition is not actually at our house as our pasture isn't currently producing enough grass to feed them all.

Maybe that should read 'latest additions'.

And, boy, are the latest additions cute.

Ten momma cows...seven now have calves at their side and three are waiting to calve. Actually, only five of the cows are ours. The others are Jason's brothers.

Aren't they cute? The calves that is?

I told Jason that before too long we'll be able to open a petting zoo. Sheep, cows, calves, pony, puppies, dogs, cats, soon-to-be-kitties, soon-to-be-lambs, soon-to-be-chicks.

He wasn't impressed with the idea. So don't plan on purchasing tickets anytime soon.

Didn't I say I had nothing to say? How, then, did this end up so lengthy?

No comments: