Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Busy

This week is a busier week than many of my weeks are. Really busy.

I typically try to be gone only one day a week at the most. For my own sanity, it just isn't worth it.

This week? I had plans four out of five days. Make that five out of seven, to be exact.

Monday I had the whole entire day to be at home. I worked. Wow, did I work. The list (that was in my head rather than on paper, so I really don't know if it's all marked out at all) diminished rapidly. The bedroom that was looking like it should have been deemed un-inhabitable? Cleaned up and rearranged.

The bathroom? Still a wreck....the garage sale items are now gone, but for some reason there is still stuff sitting in there.
Doncha love that black floor? After 'the flood' they ripped out the lovely gold linoleum that was in there and it hasn't had a new floor put in yet.

The boxes with the china? Now unloaded and the contents are all in their proper places in the recently re-finished china hutch that was delivered to our house Saturday night.

Til I went to bed Monday night I was thoroughly exhausted.

Tuesday I was to have the morning at home and then head off to music class in the afternoon. As it turned out, Will spent the morning on the couch with a bucket beside him. He used it multiple times.

We skipped going to music class.

However, we could have gone as by noon Will was up bouncing around and wanted a huge lunch. He got a piece of dry toast instead.

That afternoon we spent in the great outdoors. Picked up sticks, mowed the yard, re-planted the onions, cleaned up flower beds.

Speaking of picking up sticks. Why is it that the children are thrilled to help, but when the monstrous ones are hauled off they think they are done and Mom is stuck with only hauling off little things that you could almost mow over? Interesting.

Wednesday, today, we headed to Grandma's to set up for a garage sale that will be taking place tomorrow and Friday. It's gonna be a doozy. Hoping for large crowds. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, but a 70% chance of rain for Friday.

So. If there are no posts in the next couple days, now you know why. I'm off selling our junk.

No comments: