These two boys of mine are gonna do me in.
It's kind of stressful to look out the window to see your five year old shimmying up the tv tower....and trying to convince his two year old brother to follow in his footsteps.
Do I screech out the window telling him to be careful, thus risking a fall due to extreme startled-ness? Or do I just glance out every few seconds to make sure that he's still up...or safely on the ground.
I typically opt for the glancing. I'd hate to be the cause of a fall.
Turns out he doesn't need me screeching in order to fall.
Last night he experienced his first nearly 8 foot fall. Oops.
"Well, Mom, I was just trying to get on top of the trailer, but I had my chainsaw in one hand so I couldn't get on top very well so I let go with the other hand to try to grab the top and then I didn't have any hand on the trailer and then I fell. And I SCREAMED. It was scary."
And the story continued with no breath inserted whatsoever.
As the evening went on he embellished it a tad...."I was sure that that bone inside my neck was broken and maybe even my leg and probably my arm but when I stopped screaming I realized that I didn't have any broken bones and I was just scared but Daddy said I might get a bruce (bruise) right here.." At which point he pulls down his pants to show me the red spot on his hip..."but I might not too, Daddy didn't know for sure, but I was scared and probably I shouldn't try to take my chainsaw on top of the trailer again cause I could fall again and that was scary, but I didn't really hurt myself and I had some wood up there that needed to be cut but maybe I should put the wood on the ground to cut it instead. I think I learned a lesson, Mommy."
Time will tell, son, time will tell.
This morning he has no bruise, he isn't the least bit sore, and he was walking around on top of the trailer again.
Life on the farm with two boys can get a little spazzy.
4 comments:
If we lived on a farm, I'm pretty sure I'd be sharing the exact same stories about Samuel!
oh wow. why moms go grey I guess!!!
Just relax. They are in HIS hands and HE knows their every step!
We have a monkey in our family, too! MT
Post a Comment