Life With Littles

Life With Littles

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eight Quick Years

Eight years ago right now I was standing in front of a mirror making sure I looked just right for our wedding. Just right.

I was preparing to marry the man who had captured my attention. The man who just one year earlier I didn't even know.
If we looked like pipsqueaks, remember that looks can be deceiving. :) He was 28 & I was 21. Definitely not pipsqueaks.

Yes. We only dated for 11 months from start to finish.

I'll have to admit that the first little while of our marriage wasn't a bed of roses. But what worthwhile thing is? Jason had lived on his own for a couple years and I had lived with my grandparents (which was about like living on my own) for a couple years. Both of us were well settled into our little routines. Both of us didn't know just how hard it really would be to mesh our lives together.

Marriage is hard work. It isn't something that just naturally works.

Eight years later, I can honestly say that being married to Jason is way better than I ever imagined it would be.

It's been an eight years full of mountaintops and valleys. Full of ups and downs. Full of unexpected events.

Who would have thought that we would have three children. Not one of them with our genetics. Not one of them from anywhere close by. All three of them were born on the other side of the world. All three of them have come to us only because God orchestrated our lives.

Never in our dreams eight years ago did we think we would ever be world travelers. Never did we think that our boring-to-that-point lives would be spiced up as they have been.

Never did I know that my husband would become my best friend.

I love you Jason. I can't wait to see what the next eight years will hold.

4 comments:

marti k said...

awh, I love moments like these! I love to see you love him! I am so glad that God had a plan for man and woman and it came to be! And those peepers of yours they are just the most blessed they could evah get! Keep up the good work, Joday!!!

Anonymous said...

God bless you all!! ~Brenda H.

Victoria Kuntz said...

Wow Jody,I didn't know you two only dated 11 months! So did Dave and I : ) Thanks for sharing!

Sabrina and Giorgio said...

You two are so beautiful! You got married six months before I did. What an adventure it's all been. I'm blessed to know you.