For a brief little update anyway. I'll go missing in action again for a few days after this has posted.
Life has been busy. Plus, I have no internet where we are currently living, so I am now sitting at my parents mooching off theirs. They don't mind.
We got home Thursday a little before noon and had to be at our house by 2:00 to decide on the shade we wanted our floors re-finished. Welcome home.
Thursday night we came to Dad and Mom's. We used the excuse that we needed to pick up all the stuff of ours that was packed in their suitcases, but really? We just missed them. They became a part of our little family in the past five weeks. It just so happened that all three of my brothers and their families were here, too. So...it was more of a meet the family time for little Jack than it was to pick up our stuff.
Friday morning we actually slept in. All the way til 6:30 when Jack elbowed me in the face, jabbering. What a wonderful way to wake up.
Addie and Will slept til about 8:00, we ate breakfast (back to cold cereal!!!!), got dressed, and headed off to town. Made several stops. Wal-Mart, the bank, post office, and the floor store. Just what we wanted to do was pick out new floors for the kitchen and office on the first full day we were home. I'd have been happy had they just picked it out and surprised us, but Jason preferred to choose it himself.
The floor guys should be there to lay the new floors by the end of the week. The painters are currently there painting most of the downstairs. When it's all said and done, the clean-up company will move all our stuff back in and have it completely cleaned before we'll be able to move home. It'll be time to quit living out of suitcases by that time.
So. What have we been up to? Jason went back to work for the first time on Saturday. Seemed a little odd to not have him around. After five weeks of constant togetherness, I got used to his help with the children. We made it, though.
Saturday night we all went home to 'help' him do the chores. Such a help we were. I took the children sledding down our hill while we cheered for him as he carried hay to the different pastures. Oh, yes. We are helpful. Sad but true, I forgot the camera, and thus missed the opportunity to snap pictures of Jack Nickolay's first time down the hill. He loved it...til they reached the bottom and tipped over...both big children on top of JN. Tears were abundant. Something about a face full of icy snow wasn't to his liking.
Sunday we had excellent intentions of heading to church, but things didn't work out as planned. It was likely for the best. Our children couldn't seem to get in gear that morning. We called in to listen on the phone and Addie and Will sat with their eyes barely peeked open the whole two hours.
After naps were done for the day, Uncle Ivan buzzed out to spend the afternoon with us. He brought with him little pint sized skis for the children. We headed to our house to utilize the hill. It was hilarious to watch.
Addie loved it. Granted, she made use of the ultra-bunny hills, but at least she could stay on her feet!!
Will, on the other hand, gave up pretty quickly. He prefers the sled.
The chair lift leaves a little to be desired, but the children thought it was great!!
And Nickolay?! He was more than content to toddle around all over the yard. Happy as a lark.
When he finally did get grumpy, he plopped on the sled and in a matter of minutes was fast asleep.
In other news. You know that you've been to Russia when your children ask for dustpans and buckets when they go outside to play.
Why? To chip ice off the sidewalk, of course.
And in still more news? We're utilizing a potty chair at our house. The littlest munchkin is working on becoming diaper free. His mommy is too stingy to buy diapers if she doesn't have to. He's doing okay....but still has a ways to go. Just a few less diapers in a day suits me just fine!!
The giveaway, you ask? It's still in the works. Don't worry. I'll get to that when I'm finally home again. I have to find the stuff before I can officially start the giveaway. It's somewhere upstairs, I think. But. So is lots of other stuff. Stuff that will hopefully make it's way back down the stairs soon. One of these days, I'll work up enough ambition to go start the digging out process.
In the meantime, I'll enjoy my last week or so of 'vacation'. :)
And, by the way, thanks to the 200+ folks who are still sticking it out even though the journey is over. I'm amazed that so many folks are still checking in every day.....
Blessings to you all~
6 comments:
Ahhh I love that Ivan got them out to ski! Next time it's Perfect North! hehe:)
Pics of Vlad look really familiar ! We returned from Vladivostok the end of November with our two little ones. I feels like just yesterday that we spent hours a day in the white Rabbit passing the time.
Love the pictures. Looks like Jack feels right at home. Too cute that he feel asleep one the sled!
so glad for the update :)...think of you all often!The little skis are so cute :)Glad Ivan is teaching A&W "important" skills:).
so glad u r back home and soon to be in your home. u will feel like u have a new home with new floors and paint. will be anxious to meet up with u sometime. your little peeps r so cute in the snow especially jack sleeping on sled.
I love all your updates! It looks like everyone is adjusted ( at least from pictures) and doing great. They are all just so cute and a blessing.~
Post a Comment