Where have the past six months gone?
Back then, our little guy looked like this.
Now he looks like this.
Still cute as a button. Likely a little cuter than he was six months ago when I deemed him not overly cute. :)
He's a generally happy baby, though the past couple weeks have been far from pleasant.
I think this is the cause.
If you can't see it in the picture, his second sweet little tooth finally popped through yesterday. We're all rejoicing and hoping his happy disposition comes cruising back in.
He has overly helpful big siblings...one of whom thinks he must wear a hat of some sort at all times.
Ty seems to go along with it.
He has more than perfected his squeal.
His tongue is by far his very favorite toy.
He has slept all. night. long. the past two nights. All. Night. Long. I hesitate to say that for fear of him thinking I'm a little too happy about that new habit.
He still doesn't roll over...too fat and lazy, I think...BUT he's been sitting up well on his own for nearly a month. :)
He loves his bath.
Is this pic too racy for a public blog? :)
He is quite chubby...tipping the scales at 18lb. 3 oz. two weeks ago.
He could likely qualify as the most spoiled baby ever...though we prefer to think of it as well loved. In all seriousness, we don't let him 'cry it out'. Ever. Knowing that our older three never had all their needs met when they were babies likely plays a large role in that. We often look at each other when he gets sad, and with tears in our own eyes, comment that our other's would have simply been left in their cribs learning that nobody was there to comfort them. An issue we still deal with on a daily basis.
This little shaver was sent to us at JUST THE RIGHT TIME. Had you told us that fact nine years ago or eight or seven or six or even five years ago? We would not have agreed.
God did know best. Surprise.
We love you, baby boy.
3 comments:
Yep he is quite the pudge.
What a cutie. My youngest was adopte at 19 months, she is now 6. I think one of the times I hurt most for her is when I see a baby being loved on, cuddled, sung to and babbled back at. And I realize that she had none of that. None of it. She practically raised herself. What baby is supposed to raise herself? During the harder times, I remind myself of that, and it makes me just love her even more.
I love chubby babies! They're the best. I never liked hearing babies called spoiled and since reading your children's stories, I really don't. Being loved, cuddled and well cared for is such a blessed gift.
Post a Comment