On Monday, July 30th, I snapped this picture, not knowing that in less than 24 hours, the large tummy would be gone. Well, mostly, anyway.
On Tuesday, July 31st, at 11:13AM, we traded in the tummy....
For this.
A sweet, little, adorable 8lb. 3oz. bundle of boy.
I think I recall one of my first comments after his birth being... "It was easier to complete paperwork." :)
But then, I could be mistaken. It's all kind of a haze, that day is.
Things went well. The little fella, his name now switched from Baby George to Ty Evgeniy, came into the world with a screech. He's healthy. He's perfectly formed.
He's a miracle, through and through.
And yes, he has a 'different' middle name. Evgeniy (yev-GINN-ee) is a Russian name. We decided he had to have a Russian middle name to fit in with the rest of our children. His middle name was chosen in honor of one of Addie's brothers and one of Will's brothers...both of whom have the name Evgeniy.
Eight days later, I'm finally getting back on my feet. Call me lazy, I guess. Actually, some minor issues caused me to be a little set back in recovery, but we're on the mend again!
My mom has been here every day except Sunday and today...fixing food, caring for the older three children, keeping the house. Three nights we had ladies stay overnight to 'babysit' Ty so I could get a little rest. Thank God for willing family and friends.
The older three children are doing pretty good with our new addition. Well, two of them are doing great, and the third has had a setback...but appears to be improving. Addie loves having a baby around here. Though I fear she still would like to be the mom. :) Jack has adjusted fabulously...loving his Baby Dy dearly. Will was thrown into a tail spin, but seems to love the bebe dearly. It just gave him a little fuel for his fire...the fact that his mom is taking care of someone else simply gives him more reason to believe that his mom doesn't love him as much as she says she does.
We'll get through it....life is just a little hectic around this household right now. :)
I think my mom would agree. :)
And eight days later how is Ty doing? Superb. I don't think we could ask for a better baby. He goes to bed about 10:30, wakes to eat around 1:00, and again around 5:00. He snacks all day (lovely), spends several hours awake, just lying there looking around without making a peep. When he cries, I know it's time to eat again.
We're spoiled.
And he's growing. Today he weighed in at 8lb. 8oz. He gained back the four ounces he lost after birth and tacked an extra five ounces on top of that. I fear he won't be little for very long.
Praising Jesus for the four little blessings that have joined our family in the past four years....
12 comments:
He is adorable!! So precious!
So happy for everyone and my prayers for your family have included a petition for a very content baby! Blessings to you.
He is precious. You look beautiful. Congrats to all of you. So thankful he is here...
<3 to all.
Congrats!!!! He is precious!
He is gorgeous! So glad you both are healthy and well...next time get the pool sooner. lol
beautiful..just beautiful! We serve such an awesome God!
What a blessing to be busy! You are on my mind so much. God bless you each one as you journey through this stage! We love you!
So adorable! In that first photo I think he looks like Will! So happy he is a happy baby and that you have had so much help!
Prayers for you all will continue with special emphasis on dear little Will!
So glad to see and hear an update! Praying that God will continue to provide for each of you as you adjust to having a new member of the family around.
Life is such a journey, we cross one valley, enter into forests where we can hardly see in front of us and than there's the mountain tops where we can see 'beyond eternity' from every direction! O that the journey is one of drawing closer to HIM and seeking HIM and HIS wisdom that those following behind, will desire to follow in your footsteps. Rejoicing with each of you!
Congratulations!!
He is adorable, and all the pictures of the brothers and sister holding him....precious:) Sending prayers heaven ward for your continued progress with bonding for all. So thankful he's a happy healthy babe. Enjoy every minute.....as you say...it's gone in a blink.
Blessings to you all.
Post a Comment