Oh my. It's been ages since I've sat at the computer with the goal of typing a blog post. I've sat at the computer all right.
I've researched various pregnancy topics.
I've checked out various sheep/lamb issues.
I've read a few (very few) blogs.
I've googled different things to the point that I think I should be part owner of google.
And I've read and read and read on attachment issues.
Honestly? That last one is the one that has been taking the most time. I'm weary. I wonder if this is all worth it. I feel like giving up.
But then I think of the precious soul of our child. And I think of the havoc that could happen if we just give up. And I cry. And I pray. And I call therapists to find out how quickly we can get in to see them. We'll drive anywhere at this point. If we found out that an attachment therapist in Alaska had an opening on Friday, we'd pack our bags and hit the road yet tonight. Maybe we'd even skip packing the bags in order to get there sooner. Surely there'd be Wal-Mart's along the way that we could purchase necessary items.
Yes. It is getting that serious. I'm not sure if he is the one that is getting worse, or if I am reaching my breaking point. I honestly wonder if I'm the one who needs the therapy.
All I know is that something has to happen. And soon.
My biggest concern right now is for our other two children. Okay, make that three. :) Addie and Jack are both a little scared of Will, and it's creating a family environment that simply is not fun. My stress levels certainly cannot be good for the little shaver growing in my tummy.
It's time to get some serious help. I wish I could spill it all right here and right now, but I don't know that he needs everybody and their brother knowing all the nitty gritty details. Just know that any and all prayers will be much appreciated.
We truly thought that things were improving. Truly. For several days the lying was gone, the happy face was on, the grouching and tantrums were nearly disposed of, the other two children were back to their normal carefree selves.....
And then he started back in more than ever. Around other folks he puts on a happy face and acts (for the most part) like any other five year old boy. I think that's what makes it the hardest. When folks say...."What are you talking about? He's just acting like any other five year old boy." Please come live with us for a few days if that is what you believe.
Please, please, please. If you know of someone who is dealing with a child that they claim is a major handful....don't judge them. I'll about guarantee that they are doing the very best they can. It may not appear that way looking on. It may appear that they are too strict, too lenient, too protective. Go for a short walk in their shoes.
I'm not saying that to gain any sympathy. God has placed us on this path for a reason....I just don't have a clue what it is. We don't like it, but we're trying to trust that He will not let us down. That He will carry us through this. That He will allow us to find Will the help that is needed.
------------------
In other news. The pregnancy is going great. I'm large as an elephant. Hot. Tired. And seriously enjoying being pregnant. I love to feel the little shaver kicking around. I love it when he/she has the hic-ups. I love knowing that I'm gaining 30 pounds for a reason. :) Seriously. I cannot complain. While it's not been a bed of roses, I feel like it's been such a privilege to carry a child.
I think I'd rather do paperwork than go through labor and delivery, but I doubt that just filling out forty documents and having them notarized, certified, and apostilled is going to get this child here. :)
------------------
All our sheep have now lambed. There's somewhere around 55 lambs bouncing in our pasture, I think, with one little rejected one cruising around our yard. :) Her name is Missy, and I think she truly believes that she is a dog. The dogs chase a car, barking, Missy bounces along behind, bleating. The dogs drink out of the bucket, Missy does her best to copy. She's cute.
------------------
Gena, our female Great Pyrenees dog, had nine pups over the weekend. Nine. Any takers for them? They'll be ready to go in just eight short weeks!!!
------------------
Other than that? Not much is happening around here. Due to the child situation, I've become a hermit. Plans have been cancelled. We did go camping with a group of friends over the weekend, and are paying the price today. :) Tomorrow morning we have a phone appointment with a therapist and are hoping that sometime in the next couple weeks we can get a sit down session or ten with an attachment therapist.
I'd add some pictures, but have run out of time. Supper should be on the table in two minutes...and I have barely started it!!
"Talk" to you later!!
11 comments:
Please know that I am praying for peace in you and your family's hearts and house.
Praying for you Jody ( and family!) we will just pray, pray, pray, and anything else we can do, let us know!! m&rhess
Praying for you all Jody!
Oh, Jody ~ I have been thinking about you and wondering how it is going. Will continue to pray for all of you.
Praying here too!- I am SO sorry & wish I could give you a hug!It isn't easy & sometimes all I could do was/is mutter..HE who has called us IS faithful over & over. & it is true!So often we can't but HE can! Praying that HE will pour HIS healing power into W.& W. will respond! Love to you!
Sigh. I'm so sorry, Jody. I was really hoping it was getting better....I have been thinking of you off and on, but haven't heard much so kind of assumed issues were resolving. That is not the way it always works, huh?
I believe you, and it would probably be good for me to come live with you for awhile so I would keep you nearer to my heart in prayer. <3 to you and all of your family.
Glad the pregnancy is going well! Are you SURE you wouldn't rather go through L&D WITH an epidural ;P rather than paper chasing... I don't know ...the all natural may be a toss up but I think the epidural option would make my decision for me. hehe. (kidding)
PRAYING.
Bless your heart. I don't know what else to say - but I do think that contacting the Tapestry Ministry in TX is a great idea: http://tapestryministry.org/ - they work closely alongside the Empowered to Connect project that deals with attachment/behavioral issues. I emailed a long, detailed email once and the next day, was on the phone with them, just sort of talking through potential solutions. Just a thought - since I know you need more of those! :)
Praying for you when I think of you! I talked to your mom at the tea party so have been thinking of you & W. We missed you & sorry that you missed it. Bless you for being such a good mommy & hanging in there! Praying, Melanie T
Jody!! Meet us in Nashville, Sept. 14 and 15 for an empowered to connect conference. You can register online, of course, super affordable and I will take care of your newborn so you can crash in a chair and be encouraged. Hugs and prayers til then :)
Hey there - I was just directed to you blog by a reader of mine (we're private, but you're welcome to read along with us) who thought it might be helpful for us to connect.
I am happy to do so if you would like. We're there - in the eye of the attachment storm with our 5y/o son (also adopted from Russia) and we're under the professional care of a therapist at the Attachment & Bonding Center of Ohio (a 10 hour round trip for us - I can so relate to your willingness to fly to Alaska for help with this parenting gig).
Please don't hesitate to reach out if / when you're ready.
I'm not going anywhere - and, will read / pray along with you moving forward.
Carla
(psychologist@carlamorgan.com)
praying for you to endure til the end!
Post a Comment